The purpose of the position is to support the Meriba Omasker Kaziw Kazipa Policy Implementation Team with the provision of strategic policy advice and research, develop, analyse and monitor policy options relevant to improving safety and well-being outcomes for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples; and assist in the identification of emerging trends and issues in Indigenous affairs to provide advice to Government about strategic directions.
– Undertake research into complex Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander policy issues and provide analysis of findings and recommendations relating to proposed actions.
– Provide advice on major policy issues related to the portfolio responsibilities.
– Assist in the identification and monitoring of emerging policy issues and trends that impact on Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Queenslanders.
– Establish and maintain a network of people involved in the development, management and monitoring of Government policy through building a wide range of internal and external relationships and partnerships.
– Develop strategic policy advice and options for development of effective policy related strategies.
– Assist in the effective liaison, negotiation and consultation with senior government representatives, representatives from peak Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander organisations and other interest groups.
– Prepare and assist in the preparation of reports, submissions, briefs, memoranda and correspondence in relation to complex policy issues.
– Actively contribute, as a member of the team, to the good governance of the Strategic Policy and Legislation Branch and the Department.
– Contribute to an accountable and equitable work environment through the implementation of management standards and processes, including performance management, equal employment opportunity/anti-discrimination and workplace health and safety principles.
– Identify, manage and report risks relating to this work.
Applications to remain current for 12 months