Intellectually stimulating, professionally engaging, personally rewarding and lifestyle accommodating is the basis of a career with Crown Law. With four legal branches and 12 teams, a broad range of legal services are offered with many opportunities. You will enjoy a flexible working environment with excellent employment conditions. We offer competitive salary packages and generous superannuation. Other benefits include part-time arrangements, flexible working hours, various leave provisions, telecommuting, reward and recognition programs and employee assistance schemes. Crown Law is committed to the personal and professional development of all staff, providing a number of programs to help staff reach their full potential. Our values are – Integrity, Excellence, Respect and Responsibility.
– Conduct a professional legal practice as a specialist practitioner and undertake the range of legal work set out in the attached Schedule, in respect of the areas of law identified.
– When required provide supervision and guidance to other members of the practice in conduct of legal matters.
– As required, assist in:
– The provision of legal training to officers of client Departments;
– Promoting Crown Law services to client Departments;
– The provision of legal training to officers of Crown Law;
– The provision of specialist advice and guidance on questions of law and practice to other officers within the Legal Practice Group;
– Liaising with officers of Government Departments, Corporations and Instrumentalities;
– Negotiate skilfully in tough situations, winning concessions without damaging relationships; and
– Write and communicate clearly, succinctly in a variety of settings to convey messages that will achieve a desired effect.
– Participate in and maintain a proactive approach to Self Development, including:
– Achievement of CPD points; and
– Participation in Crown Law’s performance management and development framework and any feedback processes.
– Comply at all times with the business standards, including:
– The client service charter;
– The requirement to meet set targets for billable hours;
– Quality and timeliness measures; and
– Quality Assurance framework.
Applications to remain current for 12 months