John Holland Pty Ltd
negotiable / month
Title: Senior Project Engineer – Electrical (ME&I)
Job Number: 5781
At John Holland, we’re all about transforming lives by finding solutions to complex challenges across a wide range of industries.
In conjunction with our clients and partners, John Holland transforms communities through the delivery of large-scale projects across key sectors and industries including infrastructure, civil construction, traffic management and tunnelling .
We aim to maximise the potential of all our people. This means having an inclusive culture that values and sustains diversity and a work-life balance. To achieve this, we are focused on:
- Embedding flexible work practices
- Providing development opportunities for our women
- Leaders championing and supporting our females to succeed
- Actively looking to attract and promote women into non- traditional roles and putting support structures in place to help them succeed.
About the Opportunity
We are currently seeking applications from experienced Senior Electrical Engineers to join us on a major infrastructure project, based in Melbourne. This role will assist in overseeing aspects of commercial, procurement and claims activities relating to the electrical construction and commissioning works.
Typical Tasks and Responsibilities
- Review the current documented designs and advise on any delay mitigation measures to be explored, following any proposed mitigation through to conclusion
- Gather package information and scoping documents from vendors to provide substantiation of claims
- Provide assistance and advice to stakeholders relating to vendor positioning where required with respect to claims
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of contracts and commercial common sense
- Impart guidance and advice to planners to substantiate time delay claims
- Provide comprehensive costing and financial substantiation for claims
- Prepare clear and concise documentation, costings and reasoning for the basis of claims as required
- Develop and produce reports to record and monitor works progress
- Evaluate subcontractor claims and changes as required
- Assist with required onsite support of package delivery in conjunction with the Project Manager
What You’ll Need to Succeed
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Science, Building Construction, Construction Management or equivalent
- Minimum 10 years post graduate engineering experience on large scale infrastructure projects
- Understanding of the life cycle of Electrical Construction.
- Knowledge of project management structure, plans, specification, standards and implications for project accountabilities
- Delivery of major projects and teams to program and budget specifications
- Advanced commercial acumen including cost reduction and meeting budgets
- Quantitative and qualitative safety, environment and quality risk management
- Excellent client relationship and stakeholder management skills
- People and performance management experience, including the performance of subcontractors
In return, we offer rewarding careers, genuine opportunities to develop and grow, and a workplace culture that values and recognises effort and contribution.
If you are interested in these roles and meet the above requirements, please apply below.
Please note: This role is being sourced through John Holland directly and we will not accept applications via external recruitment agencies.