John Holland Pty Ltd
negotiable / month
CYP Design & Construction Joint Venture (CYP D&C) has been contracted to design and build the tunnels and stations for the Metro Tunnel Project.
CYP D&C brings together three of Australia’s leading construction partners John Holland, Lendlease, and Bouygues Construction.
The Metro Tunnel Project will untangle the City Loop by taking three of Melbourne’s busiest train lines through a new tunnel under the city. It will create a new end-to-end train line from Sunbury to Cranbourne/Pakenham, with twin nine-kilometre tunnels and five new underground stations at Arden (to be renamed North Melbourne), Parkville, Anzac, and two new CBD stations – State Library and Town Hall – which will directly connect to the City Loop.
We are looking for a Senior Project Manager- Systems to lead and manage the design delivery process for HV, Traction Power, OHLE, Control Systems and EMI, to assist in management of project suppliers and subcontractors for delivery of design, equipment fabrication, factory acceptance testing and commissioning services, and to act as a key project representative in interactions with the Metro Rail Director, client and stakeholder groups to ensure key project outcomes are achieved.
Responsibilities of the role include;
- Plan and control the delivery of project design to ensure the achievement of quality, completion and project objectives.
- Select and manage the performance of external suppliers through the design, fabrication, Factory Acceptance testing and delivery phase of the project and take accountability for budget and program outcomes.
- Manage the design approval process in accordance with project requirements and program.
- Manage the shop drawing approval process in accordance with project requirements and program.
- Assist in the achievement of Type Approval for service and safety critical assets.
- Take leadership in managing project system integration and actively manage the successful interface of internal and external project interfaces.
- Prepare budgets and schedules of design delivery and supplier contracts for management approval. Manage and report the cost of design delivery in the project life cycle.
- Demonstrate commercial and contractual awareness in dealing with suppliers, subcontractors, clients and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrate effective people management and leadership traits, foster positive culture with direct reports and line manager.
- Understand design and manufacturing compliance and reporting procedures and processes and leadership in the communication of requirements.
- Foster the interaction between design and construction teams to maximise innovation and project success.
- Ensure that CYP Safety requirements are met.
To be successful in this key role, you must have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Science, Building Construction or equivalent.
- Chartered Engineer (CPEng) with recognised Australian or International Body is desirable
- Rail Industry Worker with Engineering and Design Competency is desirable
- LV, HV, Control System, EMI, Earthing & Bonding
- 15 to 20 years of experience preferably on projects including design, procurement, team management and commissioning experience on similar complex projects
- Management of multidisciplinary projects and project teams within large scale major projects
- People and performance management including the performance of subcontractors
- Client relationship and stakeholder management
- Analysis of and reporting on project performance, compliance and defects and/or non-conformance.
- Strong time and cost management skills in timely delivery of design and management of both the costs of preparing design and the costs of the works
- Contractual, legal, commercial, industrial relations and legislative compliance management
- Financial management including cost reduction and meeting budgets
- Proficient skills in relevant computer software packages and necessary to perform the role.
- Demonstrated safety leadership
- Overhead Catenary System (Rail), Traction Power, Industrial Automation / PLC / SCADA Systems and trackwork experience is desirable
CYP D&C is a diverse, flexible and inclusive organisation. We enable and empower our people and are committed to equal employment opportunities (EEO). We strive to remove barriers to help people join the CYP D&C team.
Consideration for these roles will be given to applicants that are able to demonstrate the relevant background and experience outlined.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.