negotiable / month
Not the job you’re looking for? Become a member of our talent community to stay connected and be informed of any new opportunities.
G&S Engineering Services delivers professional asset management services by providing responsive teams with targeted skills to address the maintenance, construction and engineering needs of our clients in the resources, energy and infrastructure industries. Our current portfolio of projects range across several heavy industrial markets, affording our team the freedom and flexibility to develop well-rounded professional skills.
About the role:
Due to our increased project requirements we are seeking a Senior Quantity Surveyor to join our Olympic Dam site based team.
In this role you will be responsible to deliver effective contract administration and cost outcomes on projects. This includes providing the necessary support to ensure that the contractual terms and conditions are satisfied.
This role will assist in managing the systems and processes required to control and direct projects toward excellent safety, time, cost and quality results for our company and our clients.
Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide high level support to the Project Services & Commercial Manager and project team as required
- Collaborate with the Project Services and Commercial Manager and Cost Controller to set up and maintain project budgets (Contract Assessment)
- Provide required monitoring/reporting consistent with achieving contract deliverables within the agreed timeframes
- Monitor labour and equipment requirements and usage within work breakdown structures (WBS) and report on potential concerns
- Highlight critical path and monitor effects of variations/delays
- Establish and maintain change management registers, submission of variations/EOTs and timely reporting (internal and external) of variations progress and payment status
- Track changes to the design and/or construction works and apply change management process
- Work directly with Construction and Project Services teams to ensure all change management is capture and controlled
- Measure and record the work done on site and report in accordance with project requirements
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
- Recognised qualifications in quantity surveying or contract management and experience in a similar role
- At least 5 years’ experience in the mining and/or construction industry in a similar role of Quantity Surveyor
- Must have high proficiency in a Job Costing software package such as CHEOPS, Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Familiarity with P6 Primavera and Microsoft AX would be an advantage
- Intermediate/Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office and project management systems
- Proven exposure to contractual terms and conditions
- Be articulate, with well-developed interpersonal and communication skills and high attention to detail
- Ability to work unsupervised and within a team environment
- Experience in a similar role (at least 10 years), ideally within construction or engineering
- Knowledge of the mining and infrastructure industries would be an advantage
Benefits of working at G&S Engineering:
Our first consideration is your safety and wellbeing, our success is achieved only through the ability, determination and passion of our people.
- Extensive career development through our Learning and Development team.
- Employee assistance programs for you and your family.
- Staff leisure discounted rates at multiple airlines, car rentals and equipment hire companies.
- Monthly Health and Wellbeing initiatives.
Want to share in our success, apply now!!
If you would like to receive updates on positions available at G&S