Building Careers Australia
negotiable / month
Senior Resource Geologist Required FIFO Position
- FIFO Perth
- $200,000 +
- Permanent Position
About the role;
Specific Departmental Requirements
- Lead and direct Resource function and coordinate resource geologists to ensure timely delivery of quality models
- Monitor the management, quality and performance of assay laboratories used by site.
- Design/maintain and monitor processes that ensure the integrity of all grade control and resource models for input into the overall mine plan.
- Coach, mentor and train mine geology teams in model estimation, validation and reporting
- Ensure accurate and timely completion and review of the data tables to be submitted for the resource and reserve statements.
- Monitor and report to Senior Mine Geologists and other Stakeholders on the standards of the drill logging and face mapping information and ensure that they propose and implement suitable measures to correct problems that are identified.
- Regularly liaise with the Database Geologist regarding database integrity and supply guidance in developing relevant applications for use on site.
- Monitor the QAQC process and results and take the necessary actions to correct any anomalies identified through the process.
- Monitor the drilling schedule to ensure that it is meeting the requirements of the operation as well as the model schedule targets.
- Provide input into optimising infill drilling programs design based of resource model construction.
- Ensure the integrity of all grade control and resource models are sound before they are handed over to the Mining Services Department. This will be achieved with the assistance of the Senior Mine Geologists.
- Management of the geological database.
- Development and improvement of resource estimation techniques.
- Reporting and documentation of geological models.
- Audits and reviews of mineral resources.
- Regulatory compliance with respect to mineral resource estimates.
- Assist the Chief Geologist in Change Management processes in line with Continuous Improvement
- Present fit for work to all shifts.
- Attend daily, weekly and other relevant safety meetings relevant to your work area.
- Display a clear commitment to safety and health, and seek to eliminate or control the risks of injury and/or damage to equipment.
- Operate in accordance with and comply the Company’s Safety and Health Policy, and with all site policies, procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Proactive involvement with continuous OHS improvement processes.
- Active participation in all communication and awareness systems.
- Display a clear commitment to responsible environmental management.
- Operate in accordance with the Company’s Environment Policy, and comply with other site environmental policies, procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Manage all activities in a manner that prevents pollution and minimises damage to the natural environment.
- Minimises waste generation through reduced consumption and increased re-use and recycling.
- Bachelor of Science in Geology (honours desirable)
- Current “C” Class Western Australian Drivers Licence.
Desired Experience & Competencies
- Minimum 10 years geological experience in the mining industry, the majority of which is preferably in gold.
- Experience in a production environment as a Geologist, preferably in both underground and open pits.
- High level of competency in the use of modelling and estimation software preferably Vulcan.
- Experience using Leapfrog / Edge highly desirable
- Proven competency in orebody interpretation, wireframing, and modelling estimation methodologies.
- Good understanding of geostatistical and classical estimation methods as well as reconciliation processes.
- Good knowledge of relational databases, especially Microsoft SQL and Access.
- Familiarity with business systems and Microsoft Office application software.
- Ability to work with and lead a team.
- Previous supervisory experience, strong report writing and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to set achievable goals, effectively delegate and mentor is critical.
- Demonstrate ability to maintain or exceed best industry practice in all geological and environmental tasks.
- Flexibility to adapt to improved procedures and practices.
- Senior First Aid certificate (desirable).
- Awareness of the Mine Safety and Inspection Act & Regulations.
- Capacity to signoff as QP desirable
If you are interested in this position then please call Ian on 08 6268 0345 or email your resume to email@example.com Apply Now – or – Apply with Indeed