Location Sydney, Australia Sector IT Salary $700.00 to $900.00 per day
Green Light worldwide are looking for a Senior Storage Engineer to join our Sydney Delivery team, playing a key role in delivering Professional Services projects to Tier 1 organisations.
The Senior Storage Engineer is responsible for creating design documents, working closely with the storage manager and Implementation of complex enterprise storage solutions. The Storage platforms include Dell-EMC PowerMax, Dell-EMC Vmax, Dell-EMC VPLEX, Dell-EMC Data Domain, Dell-EMC DLM, Dell-EMC Compellent Storage, Brocade Director SAN Switches and on-premise Object Storage.
The Senior Storage Engineer should be considered a Dell-EMC Technical Expert in multiple areas with a comprehensive understanding of PowerMax and Vmax.
- Implementation of PowerMAX and Vmax.
- Create detailed standards and administration documents.
- Create high level and low-level design specifications for support of new and/or existing systems.
- Solution presentation to engineers and Storage manages and possibly up to C level resources.
- Develop strategies, policies and best practice through participation in team meetings and through other direct contributions.
- Prepare technical architectural and implementation design documents and works with the management to develop the implementation plan.
- Help to identify and leverage vendor resources in order to satisfy the technical needs and objectives of the implementation.
- Perform NAS and SAN system administrator duties and provide troubleshooting/support services as required.
- Adhere to all corporate security requirements and mandates.
- Migrate Vmax backed VPLEX clients to PowerMax.
- Minimum 5+ years of experience working with Storage and Backup environments.
- Ability to automate common and repeatable tasks/processes.
- Experience interacting with APIs to automate processes.
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to apply them towards the investigation of existing installations.
- Expertise in Storage management (SAN, NAS, CIFS, NFS).
- Expertise in SAN fabric management (FC, FCoE, iSCSI, etc.).
- Knowledge of backup systems management.
- Proficiency with performance, capacity planning and reporting tools.
- Understanding of I/O workloads, data storage (RAID, SAN, NAS, and Logical Volume Management), and back-up concepts.
- Understanding of storage tiering and focus on lower cost archiving options.
- Understanding of backup systems.
- Experience with DELL/EMC: PowerMAX, VNX, Unity, Isilon, ECS, Celerra, Compellent.
- Experience with DELL/EMC: Avamar, DataDomain.
- VCE: Vblock.
- Extensive knowledge of virtualization technologies.
- Working knowledge of Enterprise clustering technologies.
- Understanding Docker containers a plus.
Highly Desirable but not Essential:
- Working experience on tools like splunk, puppet, confluence and Jira.
- Strong knowledge of VMWare tools such as VMotion to provide business continuity in a disaster scenario.
- ECS, CommVault, VRA/VRO Automation, Tape libraries, Data Domain Cloud Tier.
- Working knowledge of EMC Source One.
- Scripting skills would be highly advantageous.
Green Light is one of Australia’s most successful and fastest growing IT services businesses. We offer a wide range of IT services in Security, infrastructure and Systems Integration to a diverse customer base throughout Australia, New Zealand, SE Asia and Europe