Australia – Queensland, Fortitude Valley
Our Brisbane team is looking for an experienced engineer to provide technical leadership, coaching and mentoring to develop junior engineers and scientists. You will undertake technical investigations, design and project management for a diverse range of water resource projects with a focus on dam hydrology and hydraulic studies, mine water management assessments and tailings dam safety and compliance management. You will be a key member of our team and contribute to the strategic planning for the Team.
There are several career paths you may follow within AECOM and our aim is to place people in roles that will help both the individual and team to succeed. As a Senior / Principal member of our team, you will develop strategic client relationships, actively contributing to the development and winning of proposals for a range of clients across transport, dams, mining and minerals, oil and gas and power sectors. You will be empowered to lead and run your own projects, driving your career forward, working in an international consultancy.
Our team was key in delivering the technical assessments required for the Kidston Pumped Storage Hydro Project, which was recently granted all environmental approvals required for development. The work involved hydrological, hydraulic and water quality investigations, including water balance modelling and mass balance calculations. We work on a daily basis with clients such as Seqwater, Sunwater, BHP, Glencore, Rio Tinto, Arrow Energy or QGC. We also support other AECOM business lines and offices, and also help to develop solutions to support major transport projects such as the Bruce Highway Link Flood Study, Edmonton to Gordonvale (E2G) Detailed Design and Inland Rail.
* A minimum of 8 years’ relevant professional experience, preferably within a consulting environment;
* Working knowledge of the Queensland legislation on regulated dams and tailings being highly regarded;
* Proficiency in a range of water resource skills (and associated modelling packages) including mine water management, tailings management, water balance, consequence category assessments, dam safety inspections and drainage;
* Experience on hydrologic, hydraulic and risk management assessments for large dams;
* Proven task and project management skills and will be proficient in report writing;
* Occasionally undertake site inspections and supervise field teams and subcontractors;
* Client focused with creative and business savvy proposal writing, as well as your sound understanding of the local market, trends and opportunities will be key to your success in the role.
* Tertiary Qualifications in a relevant Engineering discipline, Water Resource Management or Environmental Science/Hydrology essential;
* RPEQ/CPEng highly regarded
**What We Offer**
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future. Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world, but working to “make amazing happen” in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
**Job Category** Engineering – Water – Wastewater
**Business Line** Water
**Business Group** Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)
**Position Status** Full-Time
**Requisition/Vacancy No.** 243232BR
**Clearance Required** No
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.