A Sentence Planning Adviser will contribute to the day to day operations of Sentence Management Services performing sentence management functions either in a correctional centre or within a HUB environment at designated locations.
This role will have the primary responsibility of undertaking timely and accurate assessment of prisoners entering the correctional system and checking for their lawful detention and supervision.
The role will monitor and action administrative tasks in accordance with practices and procedures to ensure that an efficient and effective service is provided.
In this role you will:
* Maintain offender records utilising electronic and physical file recording and management systems in accordance with departmental procedure and privacy requirements;
* Monitor and action diary and calendar systems relevant to prisoner discharges, releases, court movements, reviews and paroles;
* Ensure the appropriate recording and documenting of all information collected during sentence administration and management processes;
* Action all sentencing authority and police documentation as directed;
* Complete pre-sentence custody certificates in accordance with legislative requirements and prepare documentation and correspondence in respect to court matters.
* Accurately calculate a prisoner’s sentence to ensure lawful detention, release and supervision of prisoners;
* Perform required activities to enact prisoner discharge and release;
* Engage with prisoners including at prisoner inductions, when responding to prisoner enquiries both verbally and in writing, to deliver and explain correspondence including sentence calculations, parole board documentation and immigration matters.
Applications to remain current for 12 months.