Industry IT Services City Canberra State/Province Australian Capital Territory Zip/Postal Code 2600
Contract Extension 1 x 6months
Location Australian Capital Territory
Others Security Clearance – Ability to obtain baseline clearance
Job Description 1. Candidate will design to make services easy for everyone to be able to understand and use, with a focus on web standards, usability and accessibility.
2. Candidate will be working in a team often comprising of a delivery manager, product manager, user researcher, technical lead and interaction designer.
• Essential Skill and Experience:
1. Candidate will be working with a multi-disciplinary team to help to understand the overall service opportunity and transition from current state to an improved service, using service design techniques
2. Working collaboratively in the design process to ensure that user needs are understood and considered in decisions the team is making.
3. Candidate will have extensive experience working in Agile and, ideally, experience with the Commonwealth Digital Service Standard. You are familiar with leading contextual user research, as well as leading co-creation workshops, idea generation, prototyping, and blueprinting services solutions to name a few.
Must Haves • Extensive experience in the design of digital services for large organisations and government. (Weighting-20%)
• Demonstrable experience working in a User Centred Design environment. (Weighting-25%)
• Demonstrated experience mapping complex service environments both as is and future state based on insights from user research. (Weighting-25%)
• Demonstrated experience planning, conducting, analysing, and making recommendations on emerging trends to identify and lead improvements to existing services as well as introduce innovative and industry first service experiences. (Weighting-10%)
• Demonstrated experience of producing user scenarios, service experience concepts, blueprints, and details service design as part of a multi-disciplinary team. (Weighting-20%)
Good to have • Demonstrated experience working on operational services. (Weighting-25%)
• Demonstrated experience presenting persuasively to senior stakeholders. (Weighting-50%)
• Knowledge of the methodology used by the DTA, familiarity with the research and design community within DTA and the APS> (Weighting-25%)