We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Software Development Engineer II
Software Development Engineer II
Mastercard Payment Gateway Services is a leading supplier of online payment and fraud screening services. We are an innovative and ambitious market leader intent on growing our global presence. We follow the best software development and Agile practices, to deliver successfully, again and again.
As part of our ongoing expansion, we’re looking for an experienced Software Engineer (5+ years) who is as passionate about software engineering excellence as we are about excellence in financial payments, someone who enjoys creating and delivering successful software platforms in a team of proud and collaborative software engineers.
– Deliver great software as part of software engineering squad
– Be part a team that is responsible for building a global platform that performs at scale serving millions of customers.
All About You
– Part of a team of developers, you have strong software development experience and can work in a team to deliver great software outcomes.
– You have experience in designing and building robust solutions that perform at scale, with high availability resilience baked in.
– Experience using modern software development practices.
– Strong analytical skills enabling you to contribute to the design of software that meets the functional and non-functional requirements.
– You are a self-starter, creative thinker, proactive and enthusiastic; and a team player, as keen on the success of those around you as of your own.
– Payments and fintech experience will be well-regarded.
Experience in Technologies
– Experience building mission-critical applications
– Experience with Micro services Architecture; distributed systems architecture
– Experience building RESTful APIs
– Experience developing software using domain-driven design (DDD) approach
– TDD software development
– Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD) supported by Jenkins or similar automation servers
– Strong understanding of Object Oriented principals
– Java, XML, JSON, Oracle, Postgres, Cassandra, Elastic
– Practical experience with NoSQL, e.g. Cassandra database technologies
– Experience working with Spring Boot and Spring Cloud
– Distributed systems using Apache Kafka, Apache Zookeeper, Apache Ignite
– Distributed Cache (GemFire, Hazelcast, Memcached, Ignite, Redis)
– SQL (Senior level experience)
What is it like to work with us?
Within our development teams we encourage pairing, automated testing and continuous delivery, and we do it while mixing in loads of fun. Our teams consist of 8-9 people who work together across technology, product and delivery as an autonomous unit. We believe strongly in continuous learning and personal development, providing access to training and extensive libraries of information. We participate in guilds across the company to keep learning from one another. Your manager acts as a coach to help guide you and your career.
We’re committed to creating inclusive, safe environments where anyone, no matter their background, can contribute and succeed.
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
_Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law._
_If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact_ [email protected]_ _and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly._
**Corporate Security Responsibility**
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
**Requisition ID:** R-138614