The AWS Professional Services Customer Engineering (CE) team force-multiplies our largest enterprise customers by developing and delivering production-ready custom software and infrastructure.
We are looking for customer and automation obsessed Software Engineers to join us develop new, challenging cloud-native software and infrastructure that our customers will integrate into their own offerings as well as help convey Amazon development practices to our customers.
The ideal candidate loves to learn and invent. As members of AWS Professional Services we are not stewards of a single service, but of the entire AWS platform and keeping abreast of the ever-widening stream of platform improvements and new service. The candidate should come prepared with an understanding of OO software design and implementation experience, strong knowledge of web protocols, and an in-depth knowledge of Linux/Unix tools and architecture, preferably in Java, Python and/or Node, but also be willing to learn and be curious as necessary. Experience with web-based applications and/or web services-based applications, especially at massive scale and in a DevOps environment, are very applicable and helpful.
· Implement best practices in modern software engineering: design, implementation, testing, version control, documentation, deployment, monitoring and operations
· Write high quality code that is robust and can be delivered and maintained by customers
· Build flexible systems choosing simple, straightforward solutions over more complex ones
· Possess self-drive to dive deep and maintain progress even in the face of ambiguity and imperfect knowledge (avoid “analysis paralysis”)
· Encourage and support knowledge-sharing within team and external groups
· Communicate clearly both verbally and in writing, within team and external groups
· Actively participate in hiring and mentoring the very best
· Obtain/maintain AWS Certifications
· Occasional customer travel (<20%)
We are open to this role being based in any major city in Australia / New Zealand.
· Candidates must have a Bachelor in Computer Science Engineering or related field. • Excellent problem solving skills.
· Possess an extremely sound understanding of areas in the basic areas of Computer Science such as Algorithms, Data Structures, Object Oriented Design, Databases.
· Be able to write Amazon quality code in an object oriented language – preferably in C/C++/Java in a Linux environment.
· Candidate must have good written and oral communication skills, be a fast learner and have the ability to adapt quickly to a fast-paced development environment.
· Effective verbal and written communication skills
· Proficiency in design and analysis of algorithms and data structures that will operate at potentially global scale.