Do you want to lead the industry revolution towards digitization and modernization of software? AWS customer engineering team is looking for dynamic software development managers who can lead a high performing team of software engineers and technical program managers to deliver simple, robust and operationally ready solutions, solving complex problems for our customers.
The Software Development Manager leads their team in driving engineering excellence, quality and operational focus towards achieving a fast paced results and software delivery. They effectively balance the view of the forest: long term plans, development platform considerations, delivery process and technical strategy with getting in the weeds: being hands on with design, code, implementation details and deployments to model best practices and grow the team’s skills, capabilities and impact.
You would be ideal for this role if you have experience developing people in engineering functions. You delight in career milestones and development of others and take pride in representing your team during excellent delivery as well as through challenging situations. You are passionate about high engineering standards and relentless in pursuing it. You have experience developing and operating software for complex product scenarios. You have familiarity with software development platforms and processes, are at ease with agile scrum, kanban and have helped evolve these processes for your teams. You have demonstrated experience in interfaces with a broad set of stakeholders, managing communications at multiple levels and are an effective collaborator.
We are open to this role being based in any major city in Australia or New Zealand.
· 10+ years of professional software experience
· 3+ years of experience managing programs, engineering teams and technical design
· 3+ years of directly managing engineering teams
· Working knowledge of Agile scrum including adoption, refinement of the process
· Experience in large enterprise IT, owning and managing programs and products for high scale and business complexity
· Skills in data analysis, telemetry and instrumentation processes
· Experience with IT Operations for online services, on call management and automated monitoring and incident management
· Experience with Cloud design, development and operations
· Experience with native AWS design and development
· Experience working with large and diverse software engineering teams