At Schneider Electric we help our customer to optimize building performance by providing world-class energy management, security and convergence solutions. Schneider Electric is a great place to work.
Our flexible work environment enables you to take control of how you get your work done. Our technologies ensure that Life Is On everywhere, for everyone at every moment.
Based in Sydney we have an excellent opportunity for motivated Telemetry / SCADA superstar to join our Technical Support team as a Software Support Engineer. This critical position is customer facing and will see you responding to inquiries coming in via telephone, email, and online.
**Specific responsibilities will include but not be limited to:**
* You will troubleshoot analyse and resolve complex software issues, reproduce (as necessary) or proposes workarounds, interfacing with the development team to obtain solutions
* Documentation of activities and findings in a case tracking tool
* Knowledge transfer via Tech Notes, WebEx’s, Articles, White Papers, Knowledge Objects
* Interaction with colleagues in other support centres and departments such as R&D, Product Management, Technical Sales Consultants
**Whilst we do not want to narrow the field, we believe instrumental to success in this role will be the following.**
* Tertiary qualification Engineering or Computer Science with a solid track record of technical support
* Experience with ClearSCADA and/or alternative industrial HMI / SCADA Software
* Domain experience in at least one of the following areas: PLC or RTU (Modicon or SCADAPack) installation and programming, Factory Automation / Industrial Instrumentation / Factory operations / Systems Integration
* Proficiency in English language (written and spoken) is essential
* Ability and willingness to work some evenings and public holidays as part of a support roster as well as to commit to occasional business trips, including training and customer visits
At Schneider Electric your career will be meaningful, inclusive and you will be empowered. We expect that our employees put customers first, embrace different and act like owners. Our leaders are tasked with shaping our future, building the best teams and to use their judgement to deliver results.
We’re a great place to work but we are continually striving to be the best place to work, join us and see how!
**All applicants must have working rights in Australia at the time of application and will be required to provide documented evidence if selected for interview.**
**Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles from external agencies or suppliers via any method. If any candidates are submitted in an unsolicited manner, we will consider this as a direct candidate application to Schneider Electric and no fee will be payable.**
*Primary Location:* AU-New South Wales-Sydney – Macquarie Park
*Unposting Date:* Jun 20, 2019, 3:59:00 PM
*Req ID:* 0051BR