**Who are we?**
Schneider Electric is leading the Digital Transformation of Energy Management and Automation. We make it possible for IoT-enabled solutions to seamlessly connect, collect, analyse and act on data in real-time. Delivering enhanced safety, efficiency, reliability and sustainability.
**What do we stand for?**
Working at Schneider, we promise you this:
You will find your work meaningful. Our mission is to bring energy, efficiency and sustainability for all
You will be in an inclusive environment. We believe in equal opportunities for everyone, everywhere.
You will be empowered. Freedom breeds innovation. We ensure you have what you need for high performance, personal fulfilment and fun.
**What is the role?**
Based in **Melbourne or Sydney**, we are actively searching for a **Solutions Architect Engineer (SAE)** to join our Industrial Automation Business. This role is part of a local and global community providing pre-sales support to our focused and vibrant sales teams.
Specific responsibilities for the Solutions Architect Engineer include:
* Design, promotion and demonstration of industrial software and control system solutions;
* Strong experience and knowledge in SCADA, Historian, Database config, Analytics & IT/OT space.
* Articulation to customers the technical features and business benefit of proposed solution
* Assist customers in the evaluation and definition of the architecture with consideration for requirements and constraints;
* Creation of value and differentiation to customers (EPC’s, consultants as well as strategic partners) where relevant i.e. pre-project consultation, feasibility study and audits;
* Engagement with the Projects & Services teams in requirements gathering to ensure the success of industrial automation projects.
You are someone who gets excited by innovation, data and analytics. You are a highly driven and confident Sales/Technical Professional who wants to work for a values based organisation whose solutions are leading edge. You are focused, collaborative and passionate about the work that you do.
In addition, you possess the following relevant skills:
* Tertiary qualifications in engineering/IT with experience in Information systems in the manufacturing space, operations management, information technology and interest in big data;
* Ability to build long term, customer focused relationships is essential;
* Solid, direct and related sales experience would be considered advantageous;
* Sound commercial acumen enabling the SAE to propose an architecture/system to meet the customer’s requirements;
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
* Technical engineering / application design or validation background;
* Domain experience in an Industrial market;
* Ability and willingness to travel to customer locations as required (approx 25% travel).
At Schneider Electric, we are open, we value differences, we listen, we learn, connect, and collaborate with others. We are passionate about our customers, our people, our business and our technology. We are positive in our approach to finding solutions that better our lives.
**All applicants must have working rights in Australia at the time of application and will be required to provide documented evidence if selected for interview. **
**Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles from external agencies or suppliers via any method. If any candidates are submitted in an unsolicited manner, we will consider this as a direct candidate application to Schneider Electric and no fee will be payable.**
*Primary Location:* Australia
*Unposting Date:* Jun 26, 2019, 5:59:00 PM
*Req ID:* 005BXY