negotiable / month
We’re a large scale systems integration company, committed to delivering trusted solutions that help to safeguard Australia. With over 20 years’ local experience and the backing of a 32,000 global network, we currently number 1,000 employees mainly in Canberra and Melbourne. We’re growing fast and are building a business that is focused and fit for the future. Change and innovation are central to the way we work, and we thrive when developing unique, practical solutions to seriously complex challenges.
We have an opportunity for a Solutions Architect to join one of our key new Federal Government programs. In this role, you will lead the design and definition of the system architecture for complex software-intensive computer systems.
Key functions of the role include:
- Responsible for all architecture input into ROMs, proposals, BOEs, infrastructure-related software inquiries and capacity estimations for the new projects.
- Accountable for all architecture design, development and deployment of a cost-effective and sustainable infrastructure for the customer.
- Devising new approaches, apply existing criteria in modern manners and draw conclusions from comparative situations.
- Acting as the primary point of contact for the customer on all matters relating to technical architecture for the program.
- Developing and maintain models of current and future architectures within defined solutions.
- Work effectively with the main stakeholders inducing project managers and engineers through the project delivery phases to ensure successful delivery of the solutions to the customer
You will be able to use your excellent interpersonal skills which will include communication skills, negotiation and influencing skills, presentation at a senior external level, with Skills in designing and building high availability systems with the following technologies and domains (or similar):
- Database technologies (i.e. Oracle and Microsoft SQL Server)
- Microsoft stack (e.g. AD, ADFS)
- cloud solutions
- ICT Security Practices
You will also have
- A Bachelor degree or higher in ICT or a related discipline, together with relevant professional experience and specialised training.
- Your career will demonstrate that you consistently produce excellent results in complex environments and that you have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Your personal and professional attributes will include strong leadership and organisational skills with a demonstrated ability to build and maintain effective working relationships across all levels and to influence key stakeholders.
Due to the nature of the work, this role will require applicants to be Australian Citizens with the ability to obtain an NV-1 clearance.
The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.