Are you passionate about cloud computing with a proven focus and ability on end user computing (EUC). We are looking for an architect to focus on virtual desktops, application deployment and document collaboration.
Do you have a unique combination of deep technical knowledge, business acumen and strong interpersonal skills.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is seeking a EUC Sepcalist Solutions Architect to work with our customers and other AWS teams to architect cloud-based solutions which enable and simplify end user computing.
At AWS, customer obsession is in our DNA. The successful candidate will develop and work towards becoming a trusted advisor to our customers. Key to success will be partnering with AWS sales teams, business development, other architecture teams and product teams to develop the customer outcomes needed.
The role will be based in Australia, with customer engagements primarily in Australia and New Zealand. In addition some travel to the US is to be expected.
You will have core skills in:-
· Desktop virtualization.
· Windows and Linux operating systems with a focus on graphics acceleration.
· Application lifecycle, scripting and packaging.
· A proven understanding of the security principals for EUC.
· Active Directory (Authentication, GPOs, OU design), Multi-Factor Authentication.
You will be required to develop a complete understanding of the AWS portfolio and platform.
The candidate will also have an interest to understand and keep abreast with the wider EUC topics and technologies.
· Develop a solution response to customer EUC challenges and requirements using Amazon WorkSpaces, Appstream and virtual desktop solutions.
· Build EUC prototypes based on your design using the AWS platform
· Collaborate with other AWS teams to drive WorkSpaces-related opportunities and revenue
· Develop technical content, such as white papers and reference architectures, that can be used by our customers to assist them in deploying cloud-based solutions
· Continually assess Amazon WorkSpaces-related knowledge across AWS sales and solutions architecture teams and develop plans to address functional and solution gaps which support customer requirements
Represent AWS at public events with strong communication skills and the ability to present to all formats of private and public meetings.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We have 14 leadership principles that help guide us in our every-day decision making process. We believe they are a clearer articulation of those things that have always been a part of what makes Amazon great – things that we must consciously hold on to in fulfilling our mission to be Earth’s Most Customer Centric Company. We are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy and happy lives. Learn more about life at Amazon. It is always Day One.
How You’ll Grow
At Amazon, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn and develop your career. We offer opportunities to help sharpen your skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority /Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
· Seven or more years of experience in the design and implementation of complex IT systems
· Five or more years of experience with Virtual Desktops (VDI)
· Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
· Demonstrated effectiveness working across multiple business units to achieve results
· An understanding of the cloud computing deployment model as it relates to enterprise productivity
· An advanced degree in computer science, MIS, engineering or related discipline
· Experience in a customer-facing, sales-aligned role such as consultant, solutions engineer or solutions architect
· Hands-on experience with Amazon Web Services