Sr. Sales Engineer – Enterprise Solutions
Sales and related
Note that the following is a general description of the Sales Engineering group’s primary tasks and may not, therefore, contain all possible specific work assignments.
The Sr. Sales Engineer provides pre-sales technical and presentation support for all Kofax products and associated applications. While assigned to a geographic area, Sr. Sales Engineers also collaborate with and backup peers from across the region to provide efficient pre-sales support nationwide.
The Sr. Sales Engineer is responsible for:
- Preparing standard and custom demonstrations for Kofax Sales Account Executives and resellers
- The handling of all pre-sales technical issues professionally and efficiently
- Maintaining in-depth knowledge of Kofax products
- Maintaining a working knowledge of content repositories
- Maintaining a working knowledge of workflow systems
- Understanding Kofax role in supporting business processes
- Responding to technical questions in RFI/P/Qs
- Sharing “Best Practices” with other SEs
- Providing feedback to Product Development regarding new features, improving product performance, and eliminating bugs in the product
- Preparing Kofax Professional Services for efficient installations – professionally managing the transition from pre-sales to post-sales
- Preparing resellers on the technical aspects of selling Kofax solutions practices and procedures
- Serving as a point of contact for resellers on technical issues
- Responding to resellers requests for pre-sale technical support
Performance is measured by the revenue produced in Kofax software sales, professional services, and other measurable performance such as: demonstrations, overall sales support, communications, team building, and technical leadership. Measurable performance also includes the individual’s willingness to:
- Seek and successfully completes special assignments that enable continued development of his/her technical and/or other job-related skills and abilities
- Regularly go out of his/her way to assist others in the team or department
- Demonstrate openness to feedback and constructive criticism
- Through openness and a flexible style of working with others, help to foster an environment of innovation and creativity
- Assist in maintaining a professional customer environment with positive customer satisfaction
- Make a concerted effort to stay abreast of technological advances and Kofax’s industry overall
All Kofax Sr. Sales Engineers regardless of title or level must possess the following skills and knowledge:
- Communications/Listening Skills
(Internal & external) – including but not limited to professional writing, problem escalation, and good analysis skills as outlined below.
- Analysis/Discovery (ROI) –
Ability to plan for and conduct an Interview with the prospect and/or customer to determine the true business requirements to help build a valid Return on Investment (ROI).
Critical path analysis to do risk assessment, problem decomposition and resource estimation. Not a concentrated focus on the tools available to manage projects but a working knowledge of the concepts and how they apply in sales situations i.e. knowledge of the theory, not the mechanics.
- Sales & Presentation Skills
Professional presentation skills and experience in team selling, solution selling methodologies, and an understanding of and ability to utilize the Kofax Sales Process
Ability to manage projects including preparation for presentations and demonstrations, training, scheduling, and reporting, and expense processing. This is critical to the success of the sales opportunities as the Sr. Sales Engineer will be required to manage multiple sales campaigns at any given time.
- Industry/General Technology Knowledge
A high level understanding of basic networking and operating system concepts, development / scripting – Ability to develop, test and deploy custom VB/VBA scripts, Java and Java Script, HTML and CSS. Industry specific business pain points with active paper processing, storage, and retrieval, and an understanding of J2EE, XML, .NET, OCR, ICR and their use in business processing.
- Kofax Technology Knowledge
A high level understanding of each of the suites that constitute the Kofax product line and the ability to fit the pieces together into the whole strategy – By stating the requirement for ‘a high level understanding’, it is defined as the ability to:
- Position the Kofax Solution
- Understand the components that make each the solution and why
- Define target markets
- Explain the business value/value proposition
- Describe sample use cases
- Describe reference customers
- Position and differentiate each solution from the other Kofax technologies
- Identify and Qualify potential opportunities
- Understand the applicability of the technology i.e. where the solution is a good fit and where it is a bad fit
- Deliver high-level presentation and associated demonstrations
- Understanding of the underlying technology concepts.
- Differentiate new product from current product
- General Architecture – understanding of how all of the components fit together technically as well as how they integrate and work with external technologies. This includes an understanding of:
- Foundation technologies including but not limited to J2EE, XML, IIS, .NET, OCR, ICR, NLP, Web Services
- Kofax Networking Constraints
- Kofax Components and Services
The qualified applicant must demonstrate knowledge of the roles, responsibilities, processes, tools and techniques used by pre-sales technical support and sales departments, and have excellent people skills, communication and negotiation skills along with the ability to perform professional presentations, and extensive, up-to-date technical knowledge in Enterprise Capture, business process management, and robotic process automation.
- 10 years’ experience supporting a solution sales team in the pre-sales technical role
- Bachelor’s degree in information systems, computer science, information technology or a related discipline, or equivalent years of experience.
- Professional presentation experience
- Business analysis at both the IT and LOB level
- Experience working with various partners/channel organization
- Ability to travel 50%
- Knowledge and experience with programming languages
- Experience in the business process management and robotic process automation/software industry is a plus.