This role will:
* Provide optimal patient care as a Surgeon in accordance with the standard of the specialty and the ethics of the profession.
* Provide high quality clinical and non-clinical services to benefit the patients of the THHS. This includes research as well as teaching the health professionals of the future.
* Lead and manage the provision of medical services in accordance with the standards, ethics and policies relevant to the speciality and profession in a hospital, community and outreach setting.
The Department of Vascular and Endovascular Surgery at the Townsville University Hospital cares for patients from across North Queensland who have medical conditions related to their veins and arteries.
The team uses a state-of-the-art Hybrid Suite with Robotic C-arm Machine (Zeego) in a dedicated vascular lab.
Our team works closely with the medical imaging department and their MRI and PET CT, the hyperbaric medicine unit and our intensive care unit.
On average, 1,200 open and endovascular procedures are performed by our team each year.
About the location
Our gorgeous weather promotes an outdoor lifestyle as the sun shines nearly all year round (over 320 days a year). Enjoy the benefits of urban living without being trapped in a commuter nightmare of metropolitan traffic. Appreciate the country town `feel’ and change your pace as you absorb the local tropical/coastal flow.Living in Townsville; a vibrant, dynamic city and the largest regional centre in Northern Australia allows easy access to The Strand and Magnetic Island. Plus, the city heart provides opportunity for boutique shopping, fine dining experiences, cultural events and a bustling nightlife.
What’s on offer?
Flexible full-time or part-time role for 12 months initially (with possible extension), hours negotiable up to 80 per fortnight.
Pro rata remuneration package value up to $458,072 p.a comprising:
* Base salary range of $184,196 to $233,538 p.a. (full-time) or $88.25 to $111.89 p.h. (part-time) (L18-L27)
* Annual Recreational Leave accumulation with 17.5% loading when taken
* Generous employer contribution to superannuation of 12.75%
* Attraction and retention incentive allowance of 50% base annual salary
* Regional and rural attraction allowance of 5% base annual salary
* Motor vehicle allowance
* Professional development allowance and leave of 3.6 weeks p.a.
Plus we can offer substantial tax savings through salary packaging options.
For a confidential discussion please contact Dr Ramesh Velu on 07 4433 2067. Applications should be submitted ONLINE, close on Wednesday 16 December 2020. Unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.