This is an operational position. Only applicants with relevant firefighting experience should apply.
Applicants wishing to be permanently appointed to a position at the rank of Station Officer must provide evidence of or successfully complete the following and must provide satisfactory evidence in the written application. Failure to provide satisfactory evidence in the written application may exclude the applicant from progressing in the selection process:
* Manual Medium Rigid (MRV) driver’s licence as recognised by the Department of Transport and Main Roads; and
* Have successfully completed the current QFES Station Officer training program as defined by the Commissioner, QFES or previous Station Officer Qualifications in accordance with the Queensland Fire and Rescue Award – State 2012;
It has been approved that for this vacancy only, applicants are not required to meet the mandatory requirements as stated in the Station Officer role description, however, are required to:
* Hold, as a minimum, the substantive position of Senior Firefighter; and
* Possession of a Manual Medium Rigid (MRV) driver’s licence as recognised by the Department of Transport and Main Roads
Should a Senior Firefighter be successful in their application, appointment will be conditional on:
* Successfully passing the current Station Officer Program entry requirements; and
* If accepted on the Station Officer Program, being placed on an approved personal development plan through which the appointee will be required to be progressively working toward obtaining the current Station Officer qualifications within a two-year period from acceptance into the Station Officer Program.
Should a Senior Firefighter appointee fail to be accepted into the Station Officer Program or fail to gain their Station Officer qualification within a two-year period from acceptance into the Station Officer Program, they will return to their substantive position.
In accordance with Standing Order SO-Q-BM-3.27 Employment of Station Officers from External Fire Agencies, an external applicant must provide evidence of the following with their written application:
* Australian citizenship or permanent residency; and
* Current Apply First Aid Certificate; and
* Current Apply Advanced Resuscitation Certificate; and
* Evidence of current employment as per Schedule A or Deputy Commissioner authorisation for consideration.
* Consideration of external applications will be at the discretion of the Commissioner QFES.
To obtain a copy of Standing Order SO-Q-BM-3.27 Employment of Station Officers from External Fire Agencies external applicants should contact the person listed in the Want more information? section of the role description.