**Job Number** 21020041
**Job Category** Food and Beverage & Culinary
**Location** Sheraton Grand Mirage Resort Port Douglas, Port Douglas Road, Port Douglas, Queensland, Australia VIEW ON MAP (https://www.google.com/maps?q=Sheraton+Grand+Mirage+Resort+Port+Douglas%2CPort+Douglas+Road%2CPort+Douglas%2CQueensland%2CAU)
**Brand** Sheraton Hotels & Resorts
**Position Type** Non-Management
**Located Remotely?** N
At Sheraton, we go above and beyond in everything we do. We are inspired by our guests and one another – and are driven to make things better. We love what we do, and we give it all we’ve got – on property and off. When guests stay with us, it’s not just a room with a bed that they’re buying. It’s an experience. We’re looking for someone who is ready to go beyond in everything they do. If you are someone with a genuine drive to improve your life and the lives of those around you, we encourage you to explore careers with Sheraton.
Sheraton Grand Mirage Port Douglas is proudly part of the Marriott International group. Marriott International is the world’s leading global hospitality company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. With 5,700 properties, and 30 brands, you’ll find us in your neighbourhood and in more than 110 countries across the globe. Learn more about our company www.Marriott.com Find Your World.™
This iconic Resort is situated between the renowned Great Barrier Reef and the Daintree Rainforest in Tropical North Queensland. The resort comprises 295 guest rooms, suites and villas.
The position of Steward works within the Kitchen tam and reports directly to the Stewarding Manager:
**Responsibilities** **include but are not limited to:**
· Cleaning and sanitising all areas of the kitchen and food venues, ensuring the standards for hygiene (HACCAP) are met at all times
· Polish chafing dishes for banquets, BBQ functions and prepare carving stations as required.
· Set-up food venues in line with standard requirements for buffets, BBQ functions etc
· Ensuring compliance with HACCAP principles and procedures at all times
**_Preferred applicants will require valid working rights to work in Australia._** **_Sponsorship will not be available for this position_**
**To be successful in this position you will need to possess the following minimum requirements:**
· High school certificate or equivalent qualification
· Good presentation, communication skills and a fluency in English.
· Previous experience in a similar role (Preferable)
· Ability to work well under pressure
· Ability to work Full Time on a 7 day rotating roster
· Knowledge of and ability to follow HACCP principles
Enjoy the benefits of unlimited career opportunities, Free on-site car parking, Uniforms provided and laundered, discounted meals, active Social Club, exceptionally generous accommodation discounts at our 5 star International Hotels and Resorts Worldwide. Working for Sheraton is so much more than just a job, it’s a lifestyle. Be your best. Grow your career with Marriott, where you don’t just work–you belong.
_Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture._ _Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws._