Do you have a great customer service, hospitality, people and business/commercial skills?
- Reporting directly to the Director
- Located in the Malvern Store – part of 10 store network across Adelaide
- Neighbourhood bakery with proud history
About the Client
Dulwich bakery is an award winning neighbourhood bakery, with a reputation for the highest quality cakes, pies and pasties around!
Dulwich Bakery has a 10 convenient locations around Adelaide in addition to their Bakehouse in Beverley which produces most of the items in the stores.
About the Position
The position is a hands on, management role with responsibility for all aspects of the site including service standards, people management and the effective operation of the store.
The areas of responsibility and ultimate success of this position will be based on upholding the company values and building a positive and friendly, service culture in store, achieving daily sales targets, maintaining wage budgets and controlling store wastage. As a neighbourhood bakery, the importance of building strong relationships with customers and nearby businesses is an absolutely critical part of the role that a Store Manager needs to love.
Main responsibilities include:-
- Brand Management – To live the values and ensure brand standards are upheld at all times.
- Business Management – Effectively managing all the controllable costs as well as initiating local business development opportunities (ie corporate partnerships).
- Building Strong Customer Experiences – ensure customers receive a high level of service and all team members understand customer service and sales improvement plans.
- Staff Management –ensure effective team in place to deliver on KPI’s including staff rostering (utilizing ZUUS), training, recruitment and staff development.
- Stock levels – manage POS integrity as well as ensuring appropriate levels of stock, product presentation, waste management and shelf life management (for bakery product, non bakery, coffee, packaging and drinks).
- Financial – manage store to budgets as well as manage petty cash, end of day reconciliation and banking. In addition, contribute localized ideas to raising revenue and/or reducing cost opportunities.
- Food Safety – ensure food products are stored in accordance with Food Safety Laws.
- Housekeeping, cleanliness standards, WHS, repairs and maintenance – ensure high standards are in place and maintained at all times.
- Ordering – Responsible for ordering cleaning materials, drinks, packaging, consumables (coffee, sugar etc) and stationary can be done directly with approved suppliers.
- Quality – Product must be appropriately presented in the display cabinets, sold and packaged to expected quality standards.
The role is responsible for managing a 7 day a week operation however the management roster is generally 7.15am start 5 days a week with a requirement to work 2 weekends a month (1 Saturday per 4 weeks and 1 Sunday per 4 weeks).
‘What you look like’ and need to demonstrate to be successful’
You might currently be a manager running a café, bakery and/or retail store and enjoy getting started early and finishing early!
The successful applicant must have:
- A minimum of 3 years prior store management experience leading small teams.
- Strong business and financial acumen as well as proven history of achieving targets.
- Prior Food/Café Experience is essential as well as a knowledge of HACCP and food safety programs will be required.
- A hands on approach and be extremely passionate about customer service and building positive relationships with the local community and neighbourhood.
- Prior experience of managing to and reporting on a budget (including staff, stock, service and quality).
- Exposure to effective staff management including rostering, performance management, training and recruitment.
- Knowledge of effective Stock Management including purchasing and management of stock loss processes.
- Pro-active and professional in approach, presentation and work.
- Passionate about safety, cleanliness and adhering to food standards.
What can the Company offer?
- Competitive salary with quarterly incentives based around KPI’s.
- Neighbourhood and repeat customers to build relationships with.
- Autonomy in decision making to agreed budgets/requirements.
- Fast decision making and lack of red tape.
- Great, friendly, down to earth team to work with.
Sound like you?
If you answered yes, please click the apply now button and submit your application by providing your resume and completing the screening confirmation questions relevant to this position. For your planning purposes this process should take around 10-15 minutes.