The Customer Success Manager (CSM) plays a critical role in the success and execution of Workday Adaptive Planning. As a CSM, you will ensure the maximum value is derived from our products and services, by quantifying the value, driving adoption, sharing best practices, answering business questions, identifying opportunities and developing strategic goals and objectives.
Ultimately, your goal as a CSM is to ensure that the value derived from the solution far exceeds customer’s expectations; as such, the role requires a combination of customer management experience and pricing expertise. Additionally, this role relies heavily on personal accountability for results, and a willingness to go ‘the extra mile’ for each and every customer.
What you’ll be doing
• Establishing a trusted advisor relationship across the customers organization and partner network, from Executive Sponsors to Day to Day contacts, that works to ensure customer’s are getting value from our products and services.
• Monitoring and facilitating the customer’s adoption of our solution features and their overall business needs as they relate to our products.
• Stay on top of any major changes within their customer’s organization to be able to effectively help manage the change and develop the relationships as necessary.
• Developing success plans/customer journey for customers that outline their critical success factors, metrics for success, potential issues, track progress and provide recommendations.
• Acting as a liaison between product management and the customer with a focus on communicating the Workday innovation roadmap and how the roadmap will influence customer activities.
• Leveraging customer relationships as needed for prospect references and driving customers to Workday Adaptive Planning events
• Maintain revenue stream from each customer’s subscription by creating and demonstrating top & bottom-line value for each customer.
• Managing renewals from end-to-end, including negotiating contracts.
• Identifying upsell/add-on opportunities and collaborating with Account Executives
• A demonstrable amount of experience as a CSM supporting SaaS solutions
• Experience negotiating contracts and managing renewals
• Proven track record of overachieving goals and sales targets
• Familiar with change management practices, change communications and process re-engineering
• Experience with pricing principles and sales practices in SaaS selling environments
• Experience working within the EPM/CPM space or with financial ERP applications is a plus
• Proven account management/strategic planning experience
• Partner management experience preferred
• Proven ability to collaborate and build strong relationships with customers especially at the Executive level and engage across corporate functions (ie. Sales, Managing Partners, Marketing, Customer Support, Professional Services, and Product Management)
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to chair meetings or host webinars
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
• Ability to travel up to 30%