- Do you have a genuine desire to provide the best quality support for customers?
- Do you want to enable customers to live the life they choose?
- Do you value difference and diversity?
About our organisation;
Chorus was formed in 2017 by the merge of three established WA care providers, Care Options, Community First International and Volunteer Task Force. We are an Australian not-for-profit organisation providing services in Aged Care, Disability, Mental Health and Volunteering. Together our new organisation will deliver care and services to over 10,000 clients across metropolitan and regional WA with a 480-strong workforce and over 600 volunteers. What we believe as an organisation defines the way we work, every day.
We value being Responsive, Practical, Empowering and Respectful.
Working with Chorus gives you the opportunity to work with a diverse range of people, support independence, empower people, ensure people feel connected to others, give something back to your community, and most importantly, make a difference.
We are currently seeking experienced support workers to join our team in the Kwinana and Rockingham areas. We have several roles available part-time and casual (with opportunity to grow to part-time). We are seeking roles for both males and females dependant on customer requirements.
The ideal candidate will have experience in providing practical support to individuals in their own homes and community. You will uphold the highest values around working in partnership with customers.
In this varied role, you may be responsible for activities that can include:
- Domestic assistance/household tasks;
- Personal care (showering, dressing);
- Social support;
- Community participation and inclusion;
- Daily living/life skills development;
- Meal preparation;
- Medication management;
- Transportation of customers to appointments and events.
- Demonstrated experience supporting people with intellectual/ physical and psycho social disabilities;
- Demonstrated ability to work in a way that maximises the contribution of all people;
- Minimum Certificate III in Aged Care, Disability, Individual Support or other relevant qualification (or working towards obtaining qualification within 12 months) and/or relevant experience working with customers with a disability;
- Demonstrated ability to work with people with different backgrounds to yours;
- Demonstrated ability to positively engage, interact and work with people who have complex needs;
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal to interact with a diverse range of customers, their families, carers, community agencies and other professionals;
- Experience working with behaviours that can be challenging;
- The ability to problem solve and work autonomously;
- Strong understanding and ability to develop great relationships but not encourage dependence; professional boundaries, privacy and confidentiality;
- Good computer & mobile device skills;
- A proactive approach to the safety and wellbeing of yourself and customers.
- National Police Clearance of 6 months or less currency (or willingness to apply for and provide prior to commencing employment);
- Current Australian Drivers Licence with no restrictions;
- Reliable and roadworthy motor vehicle to transport customers to assist them to access the community;
- Comprehensive motor vehicle insurance and registration;
- Current First Aid Certificate (12 months or less currency) or willingness to apply;
- Working with Children Check (dependent on role if working with customers under the age of 18);
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team.
What we will offer you:
- Attractive salary packaging options (up to $15,900 per year tax free) and an additional $2,650 for Meals and Entertainment;
- Travel time and mileage between customers;
- Excellent training and development opportunities;
- A supportive and collaborative team environment;
- Access to pro-rata long service leave at 7 years of continuous service;
- Automatic entry to the Chorus Life recognition and reward program;
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program.
If you want to make a real difference and build a truly rewarding career with Chorus, then apply today!
Please submit your application online and include a cover letter and resume uploaded as one document.
Chorus is an equal opportunity employer. People from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Applicants must have the right to live and work in Australia.
To view all current vacancies, visit Chorus
Please note that the requirement for a male or female Support Worker is an inherent requirement of the role due to the specific needs of the customers being supported.