- Do you have a genuine desire to provide the best quality support for customers?
- Do you want to enable customers to live the life they choose?
- Do you value difference and diversity?
- Part-Time role
- Flexible work close to home!
About our organisation;
Chorus was formed in 2017 by the merge of three established WA care providers, Care Options, Community First International and Volunteer Task Force. We are an Australian not-for-profit organisation providing services in Aged Care, Disability, Mental Health and Volunteering. Together our new organisation will deliver care and services to over 10,000 clients across metropolitan and regional WA with a 480-strong workforce and over 600 volunteers. What we believe as an organisation defines the way we work, every day.
We value being Responsive, Practical, Empowering and Respectful.
Working with Chorus gives you the opportunity to work with a diverse range of people, support independence, empower people, ensure people feel connected to others, give something back to your community, and most importantly, make a difference.
We are currently seeking applications for Support Workers to join our Aged and Disability Services team, assisting customers living in the following areas – Fremantle, Melville, Cockburn and surrounds. You will work alongside customers with varying support needs to provide tailored person-centred services and activities of their choice which enable them to remain living in the comfort of their own home and community.
We have on offer a number of casual roles with the potential to increase your hours as our organisation grows.
In this varied role, you may be responsible for activities that can include:
- Domestic assistance/household tasks;
- Personal care (showering, dressing);
- Social support;
- Community participation and inclusion;
- Daily living/life skills development;
- Meal preparation;
- Medication management;
- Transportation of customers to appointments and events.
- Demonstrated ability to work with people with diverse needs and preferences;
- Minimum Certificate III in Aged Care, Disability, Individual Support or other relevant qualification (or working towards obtaining qualification within 12 months) and/or relevant experience working with customers who are aged or with a disability;
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal to interact with a diverse range of customers, their families, carers, community agencies and other professionals;
- A proactive approach to the safety and well being of yourself and customers;
- Understanding of professional boundaries and privacy and confidentiality issues;
- Good computer & mobile device skills.
- Flexibility with shifts: Availability Monday to Friday. We are are seeking people who are available at our peak times 9am – 6pm. Some weekend work may also be required but is negotiable.
- National Police Clearance of 6 months or less currency (or willingness to apply for and provide prior to commencing employment);
- Current Australian Drivers Licence with no restrictions;
- Reliable and roadworthy motor vehicle to travel to customers homes and assist them to access the community;
- Comprehensive motor vehicle insurance and registration;
- Current First Aid Certificate (12 months or less currency) or willingness to apply;
- Working With Children Check (dependent on role if working with customers under the age of 18);
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team.
What we will offer you:
- Attractive salary packaging options (up to $15,900 per year tax free) and an additional $2,650 for Meals and Entertainment;
- Travel time and mileage between customers;
- Excellent training and development opportunities;
- A supportive and collaborative team environment;
- Access to pro-rata long service leave at 7 years of continuous service;
- Automatic entry to the Chorus Life recognition and reward program;
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program.
If you want to make a real difference and build a truly rewarding career with Chorus, then apply today!
Please submit your application online and include a cover letter and resume uploaded as one document.
Chorus is an equal opportunity employer. People from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Applicants must have the right to live and work in Australia.
To view all current vacancies, visit Chorus