negotiable / month
We value a diverse workforce with different life experiences, skills and backgrounds including people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, LGBTQIA+ and people from all cultural and linguistic backgrounds
- Permanent Part time with a hourly rate from $21.58-$27.82 plus super
- Do you love helping others live their best life?
- Do you want to work in your community?
Avivo is a leading community services organisation in Western Australia. We work closely with people and families who need individualised support services due to disability, ageing or mental ill-health.
We are committed to people living as valued citizens, making their own decisions, developing their abilities and growing in their relationships. We believe in an organisational culture where all employees can develop and do their best work.
We are looking for support workers to provide care and work together with the customer to live as values citizens. If you have an enthusiastic and positive outlook, are reliable and intuitive, like a challenge and care about people living at home in their community then we would love you to be part of our Perth Hills team, specifically in the Lesmurdie, Forrestfield, High Wycombe, Maida Vale and surrounding areas.
- Domestic and household assistance
- Personal care including dressing, showering and personal hygiene
- Social support including assistance with community access and attending appointments
- Manual handling i.e. hoisting (training provided)
- Meal preparation
- Respite in the home
- Providing reliable, timely and flexible services that best meet the needs of the individual and their family
- Problem solving issues with the person and/or their family, and the team
- Regular communication with local team and participation in team meetings
What we require:
- Previous support work experience in Disability/Aged Care/ is desirable
- Demonstrated reliability, flexibility and a positive attitude
- Excellent communication skills including verbal, written and listening
- Ability to problem solve, think creatively and find innovative solutions
- Competency with use of a Smart Phone and Apps
- A current Working with Children’s Check or willingness to obtain one (the successful candidate can obtain through Avivo – if required)
- Availability to attend mandatory and paid training during the week
- A valid driver’s licence and a reliable vehicle
- Flexible availability to work a range of shifts during the week from Monday to Friday, public holidays, weekend work and evening work.
Candidates must be living in the Lesmurdie, Forrestfield, High Wycombe, Maida Vale and surrounding areas.
In return, you will receive awesome conditions:
- An hourly rate between $21.58-$27.82 plus super and afternoon/eveningloading and weekend penalties
- Option to Salary Package up to$18,550 to reduce taxable income
- A Mobile Phone to use for work
- Pay for kilometres and time travelled between supports
- Extra 2 days of leave per year and 17.5% leave loading for Annual Leave
- Comprehensive training opportunities and supportive team