Charters Towers School of Distance Education was the first distance education school to open in Queensland in 1987. It remains an innovative education centre providing opportunities to use a wide range of proven and emerging technologies that assist flexible learning and distance education. The school provides a comprehensive education service through personalised distance schooling to students from Prep through to Year 12 and adults. The school community is diverse and encompasses many locations, lifestyles and life perspectives. From this we have a community that is engaged and valued.
We are currently welcoming applications from dedicated and flexible teachers for the following teaching positions:
* Special Education
Living in Charters Towers
Take a step back in time and discover the enchanting outback town of Charters Towers, just an hour and a half west of Townsville. Driving through the streets of Charters Towers is like viewing a living montage of Australian history and heritage. From a chance discovery in 1871, Charters Towers became a gold rush town and quickly grew to become the second largest town in Queensland. Today, the pace is a little less hectic although the magnificent heritage buildings are testament to the prosperity of years past.
CLICK HERE for more information on what Charters Towers has to offer.
What’s in it for you?
Teaching at Charters Towers School of Distance Education can provide unique and professionally rewarding opportunities for all. We also offer a range of additional incentives, such as:
* A highly attractive remuneration package, generous superannuation, salary sacrificing options and leave loading
* Considerable relocation assistance, if applicable
* Air-conditioned and inexpensive accommodation (upon application)
* Access to a range of additional benefits through our Remote Area Incentive Scheme (RAIS)
Above all, as a teacher in Charters Towers you will have the opportunity to challenge yourself and work with a supportive school management team. Whether you have your sights set on a senior teaching role or a school leadership opportunity, with exceptional and tailored professional development opportunities, you will be enabled to accelerate your chosen pathway.
Teaching in Queensland:
The department is responsible for the delivery of quality education services to all Queensland students in state schools and recognises teachers and their commitment to teaching through a range of rewards and benefits. To find out more CLICK HERE.
Applicants for this position must possess:
* A relevant teaching qualification. CLICK HERE for further information on teaching qualifications.
* Ideally, applicants will have registration with the Queensland College of Teachers, or be in the process of obtaining registration.
How to apply:
Simply click the Green ‘Apply online’ button below, enter your personal details and as per the School’s request, applicants are required to submit:
* A current Curriculum Vitae
* Contact details for 2 referees (One of whom is your current or most recent supervisor. If you have previously held a teaching role it is expected that your referees hold a supervisory/leadership role within the school)
* Pre-service teachers are advised to include any completed practicum reports, mentor/referee statements, and unofficial academic transcript for current course of study.
**Applicants are encouraged to commence and submit their application as early as possible as the Department of Education reserves the right to reduce the application period and/or remove the job advertisement early should a suitable applicant be found.**
If you are a dynamic, driven educator we’d love to hear from you! Apply Now!