The teaching adventure of a lifetime!
Doomadgee State School promotes positive behaviour choices through their explicit teaching pedagogy – the Positive Behaviour for Learning (PBL) program. Making the choice to join this school will be placing yourself in a supportive and flexible team, truly dedicated to supporting the children of Doomadgee with their educational outcomes. From the moment you join the dynamic, supportive and social environment of Doomadgee State School, you will understand the true meaning of the words “school community”. This small team of dedicated educators not only have an unwavering desire to see their students thrive, but also work to support each other to achieve their personal and professional goals. The students of this pivotal community school face unique challenges in regards to literacy, numeracy and English as a second language. Due to these challenges, you will be responsible for teaching a broad, relevant and differentiated curriculum, drawing from your strong knowledge of primary teaching methodologies. To find out more about this beautiful community school visit their website, or connect with them on Facebook.
We are currently welcoming applications from dedicated and flexible teachers for the following teaching positions:
* Primary (multiple positions)
* English and Science
What’s in it for you?
In addition to the pure thrill of seeing your students take significant educational leaps and finding yourself immersed in a rich culture, we also offer a range of additional benefits, including:
* A highly attractive remuneration package, generous superannuation, salary sacrificing options and leave loading
* Considerable relocation assistance
* Air-conditioned and inexpensive accommodation (subject to availability, upon application)
* Access to a range of additional benefits through our Remote Area Incentive Scheme (RAIS)
Above all, as a teacher at Doomadgee you will have the opportunity to challenge yourself and work with a management team who are genuinely invested in helping you plan for and achieve your career trajectory goals. Whether you have your sights set on a senior teaching role or a school leadership opportunity, with exceptional and tailored professional development opportunities, you will be enabled to accelerate your chosen pathway.
Teaching in Queensland:
The department is responsible for the delivery of quality education services to all Queensland students in state schools and recognises teachers and their commitment to teaching through a range of rewards and benefits. To find out more CLICK HERE.
HELP (HECS) Debt Support for Remote Teachers:
To be eligible for this initiative you must be employed in a teaching position at of the schools listed below. This initiative will remit all or part of your accumulated HELP debt after you have been engaged in a teaching position, including as an early childhood teacher, for four years in a very remote location in Australia.
Further information is also available on the Frequently Asked Questions page.
Applicants for this position must possess:
* A relevant teaching qualification. CLICK HERE for further information on teaching qualifications.
* Ideally, applicants will have registration with the Queensland College of Teachers, or be in the process of obtaining registration.
How to apply:
Simply click the Green ‘Apply online’ button below, enter your personal details and as per the School’s request, applicants are required to submit:
* A current Curriculum Vitae
* Contact details for 2 referees (One of whom is your current or most recent supervisor. If you have previously held a teaching role it is expected that your referees hold a supervisory/leadership role within the school)
* Pre-service teachers are advised to include any completed practicum reports, mentor/referee statements, and unofficial academic transcript for current course of study.
**Applicants are encouraged to commence and submit their application as early as possible as the Department of Education reserves the right to reduce the application period and/or remove the job advertisement early should a suitable applicant be found.**