Our Far North Queensland Teacher Recruitment Team invites applications from dynamic, enthusiastic, resilient and motivated teachers for a number of permanent and temporary teaching opportunities. Commencing now and into 2020, we have opportunities in all curriculum areas and in various schools across the Far North Region. If you are a qualified teacher, or are working towards your teaching degree, we’d like to hear from you!
Welcome to Far North Queensland
A location as beautiful and diverse as the students who call it home, Far North Queensland has so much to offer you. Covering approximately 275,000km2, our region stretches from Cardwell in the south, to the Torres Strait in the north and inland west to the Gulf of Carpentaria. We look after around 120 schools and campuses including primary, secondary, P-10, P-12, a special school, a school of distance education, diverse learning facilities and environmental education centres. We have two teacher schools, and those with over a thousand students; and in each of these schools our priority is to ensure we have great teachers providing educational opportunities to our students regardless of where they live. Our students come from a variety of backgrounds, including many students for whom English is a second language (or dialect).
As a teacher in the Far North Region you have the unique opportunity to take advantage of the living classroom right around you; with world heritage rainforest and reef, savannah lands, islands and volcanoes right on your doorstep – we really do have it all. Explore some of Australia’s most remote and stunning locations right in your backyard and get a taste for tropical lifestyle and adventure. A diverse range of teaching experiences await you in a variety of settings from regional city suburban schools in the heart of Cairns, to small rural and very remote community schools.
Learn more about the stunning Far North Region and get ready for adventure! Far North Queensland is waiting for you!
What’s in it for you?
* A highly attractive remuneration package, generous superannuation, salary sacrificing options and leave loading
* Additional financial benefits under the Remote Area Incentive Scheme apply to some locations in our region
* Considerable relocation assistance
* Subsidised departmental accommodation available in all remote and some rural locations
* A broad range of professional development opportunities
It is a requirement of the Queensland Department of Education that teachers have and maintain Queensland College of Teachers Registration and an active application with Teach Queensland.
TO APPLY FOR THIS EXCITING OPPORTUNITY:
* Read the attached Role Description
* Attach a brief resume, contact details for two referees (one of whom should be your current supervisor) and a maximum one page written response outlining the skills and knowledge you will bring to the role.**Incomplete applications may not be considered**
**The Department of Education reserves the right to reduce the application period and/or remove the job advertisement early should a suitable applicant be found**