Learn the true meaning of the word community
Normanton State School and the entire school community are undoubtedly seen as the heart of this remote community. When you join this school you will be a part of a family of teachers who happily give their time to building lasting relationships with students, their families and the wider community.
As a teacher you will need patience, warmth and tenacity as you learn about your students and how to best help them through their educational journey.
To be successful in this role you will also need:
* A genuine passion for teaching
* The resilience to work in a remote community
* A demonstrated understanding of and respect for individual, social and cultural differences
* The ability to earn the respect of your students and their families through your exceptional rapport building skills
* The adaptability and perseverance to maintain professional standards and a positive attitude
What’s in it for you?
In addition to the amazing experience of joining this dedicated team, we also offer a number of other benefits, including:
* A highly attractive remuneration package, generous superannuation, salary sacrificing options and leave loading
* Considerable relocation assistance
* Air-conditioned departmental accommodation (upon application)
* Access to a range of additional financial benefits through our Remote Area Incentive Scheme (RAIS)
* An exceptional opportunity to stretch your knowledge through tailored professional development opportunities
Over and above anything listed here, teaching in Normanton State School will provide you with an enormous amount of professional and personal growth. You will finish each day with the elation that comes with seeing your students grow and that feeling of truly making a difference.
So if you are ready for the teaching adventure of a lifetime- express your interest today!
HELP (HECS) Debt Support for Remote Teachers:
To be eligible for this initiative you must be employed in a teaching position at of the schools listed below. This initiative will remit all or part of your accumulated HELP debt after you have been engaged in a teaching position, including as an early childhood teacher, for four years in a very remote location in Australia.
Further information is also available on the Frequently Asked Questions page.
Teaching in Queensland:
The department is responsible for the delivery of quality education services to all Queensland students in state schools and recognises teachers and their commitment to teaching through a range of rewards and benefits. To find out more CLICK HERE.
Applicants for these positions must possess:
* A relevant teaching qualification. CLICK HERE for further information on teaching qualifications.
* Employment for pre-service/graduate teachers will be subject to the successful completion of a relevant teaching qualification and meeting the minimum requirements as a teacher with the department.
To apply for this exciting opportunity:
* Applicants are required to submit a brief resume, contact details for 2 referees (one of whom is your current supervisor) and a maximum 1 page written response outlining your suitability for the role under “How You Will Be Assessed”.
**Applicants are encouraged to commence and submit their application as early as possible as the Department of Education reserves the right to reduce the application period and/or remove the job advertisement early should a suitable applicant be found.**