Rockhampton is one of the oldest towns in Queensland and the rich history of the town is displayed throughout. Built on the banks of the Fitzroy River the town is home to many heritage listed buildings that give the town a vintage charm. Known primarily for its cattle industry, Rockhampton is known as the Beef Capital of Australia and regularly hosts the Beef Australia Expo bringing visitors from around the country and the world.
The Rockhampton region is full of exciting things to do for the whole family. The Rockhampton Zoo, newly redesigned Kershaw Gardens, Heritage Village and Mount Archer National Park are all popular activities. There is also easy access to the stunning Southern Great Barrier Reef and accompanying Keppel Islands just a short drive away in Yeppoon.
For further information about the school, please click here to visit the school’s website.
What is in it for you?
As the largest employer of teachers in Queensland the department has some attractive benefits for employees, including:
* assistance with relocating
* attractive salary and benefits
* incentives for teaching in remote areas
* locality allowance in specified locations
* subsidised accommodation in specified locations
Teaching in Queensland:
The department is responsible for the delivery of quality education services to all Queensland students in state schools and recognises teachers and their commitment to teaching through a range of rewards and benefits. To find out more click here.
Applicants for these positions must possess:
* A relevant teaching qualification. Click here for further information on teaching qualifications.
* Employment for pre-service/graduate teachers will be subject to the successful completion of a relevant teaching qualification and meeting the minimum requirements as a teacher with the department.