At Heatley Secondary College, we embrace the vision: Your Future – Our Focus. We want our students to finish school as active, responsible and informed citizens, with the skills to enable a rich and fulfilling future, with career choice opportunities and positive family and social relationships. Visit our website for more information.
Heatley Secondary College are currently accepting applications for the below positions:
* Industrial Technology Skills (Manual Arts) and Digital Solutions
* Industrial Graphics Skills, Industrial Technology Skills, Furnishing Skills
* Junior Mathematics and Science
* English and Humanities
What’s in it for you?
Aside from the thrill of the challenge, the Department offers a number of additional benefits for teachers in Townsville:
* A highly attractive remuneration package, generous superannuation, salary sacrificing options and leave loading
* An exceptional opportunity to build your knowledge and strengthen your opportunities through targeted professional development
* Relocation assistance (if applicable)
The next big adventure!
Townsville is a sunny and vibrant destination that people hold close to their hearts, offering all the luxuries that a large city provides whilst also giving you a laidback lifestyle and beautiful scenery. As the largest city in Queensland outside the south east corner, Townsville has access to all the sport and community facilities you could ask for, along with the best winter you’ll ever experience! Just a stone’s throw from the beautiful Magnetic Island and surrounded by stunning natural wonders on the mainland, Townsville has so much to offer.
Relocation expenses may be negotiated with the successful applicant.
Teaching in Queensland:
The department is responsible for the delivery of quality education services to all Queensland students in state schools and recognises teachers and their commitment to teaching through a range of rewards and benefits. To find out more CLICK HERE.
Applicants for this position must possess:
* A relevant teaching qualification. CLICK HERE for further information on teaching qualifications.
* Current full registration or current provisional registration with eligibility for full registration, as a teacher in Queensland. Pre-service/graduate teachers must have been granted provisional registration prior to commencing employment as a teacher. For more information regarding registration requirements, please CLICK HERE.
* In addition to registration, teachers working in Education and Care Services (including State Delivered Kindergarten programs) require an exemption card issued by Blue Card Services. For more information on blue cards and exemption cards, please CLICK HERE.
How to apply:
Simply click the Green ‘Apply online’ button below, enter your personal details and as per the School’s request, applicants are required to submit:
* A current Curriculum Vitae
* Contact details for 2 referees (One of whom is your current or most recent supervisor. If you have previously held a teaching role it is expected that your referees hold a supervisory/leadership role within the school)
* Pre-service teachers are advised to include any completed practicum reports, mentor/referee statements, and unofficial academic transcript for current course of study.
**Applicants are encouraged to commence and submit their application as early as possible as the Department of Education reserves the right to reduce the application period and/or remove the job advertisement early should a suitable applicant be found.**