Mount Isa is a beautiful mining town located just two hours’ drive from the border between Queensland and the Northern Territory. Nestled among the ochre-red Selwyn Ranges, on the banks of the Leichhardt River, it is a bustling melting pot of culture and industry. With a resident population of approximately 22,000 people, Mount Isa is the largest city in the Queensland Outback – perfectly sized to provide wonderful “country hospitality” alongside all the creature comforts of a larger city. CLICK HERE to find out more about what Mount Isa has to offer!
Spinifex State College is committed to being recognised as a high performing school. Our college values each individual learner and supports: hard work, dedication, innovation, creativity and the pursuit of success through individual pathways and personalised learning.
Our school is proud of the quality curriculum programs that we offer and the excellent results we achieve. Each year our students who aspire to tertiary education achieve excellent results due to the support and readiness programs run by the school.
Teaching in Queensland:
The department is responsible for the delivery of quality education services to all Queensland students in state schools and recognises teachers and their commitment to teaching through a range of rewards and benefits. To find out more CLICK HERE.
Applicants for this position must possess:
* A relevant teaching qualification. CLICK HERE for further information on teaching qualifications.
* Ideally, applicants will have registration with the Queensland College of Teachers, or be in the process of obtaining registration.
* Employment for pre-service/graduate teachers will be subject to the successful completion of a relevant teaching qualification and meeting the minimum requirements as a teacher with the department.
How to apply:
Simply click the Green ‘Apply online’ button below, enter your personal details and as per the School’s request, applicants are required to submit:
* A current Curriculum Vitae
* Contact details for 2 referees (one of whom is your current or most recent supervisor)
* Pre-service teachers to include any completed practicum reports (summary only), mentor/referee statements (summary only), unofficial academic transcript for current course of study.
**Applicants are encouraged to commence and submit their application as early as possible as the Department of Education reserves the right to reduce the application period and/or remove the job advertisement early should a suitable applicant be found.**