At the Ipswich Special School we provide educational programs for students with a broad range of abilities, learning characteristics and needs aged between three and eighteen. All students have had their educational adjustment needs profiled under Education Queensland guidelines. All students have been diagnosed with an intellectual disability and many have also been diagnosed with Autism, hearing impairment, visual impairment and/or physical impairment.
Some of our students also have specialised health needs and all students have needs associated with their communication skills. Students who attend our school undertake their learning activities in the following programming sectors – ECDP (age 3 years to 5 years) and Early Years (Prep and years 1 and 2), Middle Years (Years 3, 4, 5 and 6), Junior Secondary (Years 7, 8, 9 and 10) and Senior Secondary (Years 11, 12, Extension). Classes in our school are sometimes non-graded to provide flexibility for students of similar ability, educational needs and age to be grouped together for learning programs.
For every student our aim is the same: To provide a safe learning environment that prepares students to be independent and resourceful.
For further information about the school, please click here to visit the school’s website.
Teaching in Queensland:
The department is responsible for the delivery of quality education services to all Queensland students in state schools and recognises teachers and their commitment to teaching through a range of rewards and benefits. To find out more click here.
Applicants for these positions must possess:
* A relevant teaching qualification. Click here for further information on teaching qualifications.
* Employment for pre-service/graduate teachers will be subject to the successful completion of a relevant teaching qualification and meeting the minimum requirements as a teacher with the department.
How to apply:
* Click the Green ‘Apply online’ button below
* Enter your personal details
* Attach your current CV (max 3 pages) including contact details of two professional referees (one of whom should be your current/most recent supervisor)
* Attach your cover letter outlinging your experience and why you are best suitaed for the role
* Pre-service teachers are encouraged to include completed practicum reports, mentor/referee statements, unofficial academic transcript for current course of study
**Applicants are encouraged to commence and submit their application as early as possible as the Department of Education reserves the right to reduce the application period and/or remove the job advertisement early should a suitable applicant be found.**