To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Customer Success Group
The Technical Architect is responsible for successfully designing and managing the delivery of cloud based solutions and technologies. These technologies include–but are not necessarily limited to Salesforce.com products and APIs, Apex/Visualforce, Lightning, Amazon Web Services, Heroku, mobile development technologies, and integration/ETL technologies. It also requires that the Technical Architect maintain an ongoing comprehensive understanding of the cloud-computing ecosystem. Technical Architects typically will specialize in a salesforce platform (e.g.Force.com (Sales, Service, Community, IoT, Einstein Clouds), Marketing Cloud, Commerce Cloud) but ability to develop solutions cross-cloud is becoming more critical.
- Become a highly certified and recognized Salesforce expert.
- Serve as a Trusted Advisor, drive conversations with our customer’s Enterprise Architects, IT Delivery Leaders, and Business Stakeholders armed with best practices for enterprise architecture functions such as Security, Performance, Development Process, and Application Governance.
- Working closely with Delivery Managers, Functional Solution Architects and directly with clients to architect technology solutions to meet client needs.
- Designing transformational technical solutions and working directly with customers to meet their business requirements in accordance with industry best practices
- Leading and mentor the development team on the project.
- Enforcing sound development practices and ensure the quality delivery of enterprise solutions.
- Provide guidance on application and integration development best practices, Enterprise Architecture standards, functional and technical solution architecture & design, environment management, testing, and Salesforce Platform education.
- Create application and technical design documents which leverage Salesforce best practices and effectively integrate Salesforce into the customer’s infrastructure.
- Troubleshoot key customer implementation issues and demonstrate ability to drive to successful resolution. Lead the evaluation of business and technical requirements from a senior level.
- Review and correcting project/program direction, approach and key artifacts to keep programs on track and solutions extendable and maintainable going forward.
- Working collaboratively and having very strong communications skills, especially in teaching complex concepts, and creative, prescriptive thinking
- Identifying and leading internal strategic initiatives to grow the consulting practice; serving as an active contributor to the overall knowledge base and expertise of the community.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills:
- 8+ years experience in developing technology solutions.
- 5+ years experience as a Technical Architect and/or Development Manager in a mid to large organization managing internal IT projects or external client projects in positions of increasing responsibility in the delivery of business consulting and systems development.
- Specializes in gathering and analyzing information and designing comprehensive solutions that are flexible and adaptable the client's needs.
- Experience overseeing development and/or project team members.
- Detail-oriented individual with the ability to rapidly learn and take advantage of new concepts, business models, and technologies.
- Ability to work independently and be a self-starter.
- Cutting edge innovator who continually studies new technologies and functionality, and is involved in projects that push the capabilities of existing technologies.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal. Able to effectively develop materials that are appropriate for the audience.
- Strong presentation skills. Able to effectively present and defend point of view to a variety of audiences.
- Travel to client site (average of 50%), but may be higher or lower based on the client engagement.
- Highly beneficial to have any Salesforce.com product certifications prior to joining. It is expected that you will gain the following certifications as part of the role requirement and onboarding process in the first 3 months:
- SFDC Certified Administrator
- Sales Cloud Consultant
- Service Cloud Consultant
- SFDC Certified Advanced Administrator
- PASSION: Passionate about Customer Success
- BEGINNERS MIND: Always learning; approaches each interaction with open mind; great listener and hands-on
- THOUGHT LEADER: Strong point of view and executive presence. Confident, but not arrogant, great storyteller
- LEADERSHIP: Self-aware and strategic thinker; proficient at building strong relationships
- COMMUNICATOR: Speaks and writes with clarity, brevity, and purpose; explains area of expertise clearly and confidently to others; influences and engages C-Level with authority and confidence
- STORYTELLER: Confidently and effectively facilitates and presents; ably defends point-of-view; keeps audiences engaged and delivers a clear and memorable message
- TEAM PLAYER: Proficient at collaboration and working with members of a team
- URGENCY: Ability to move fast and drive business value and results
- OHANA: Embodies Aloha culture; a team player that everyone enjoys working with and has a generous heart
- TRUST: Trusts the company’s core values; shows integrity, transparency, and reliability
- ADAPTABLE: Excels in high levels of uncertainty and change
- COMMUNITY CHAMPION: Leads internal initiatives; actively contributes to the Community’s knowledge and resource base
Accommodations – If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesfore.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.
Founded in 1999, Salesforce is the global leader in Customer Relationship Management (CRM). Companies of every size and industry are using Salesforce to transform their businesses, across sales, service, marketing, commerce, and more by connecting with customers in a whole new way. We harness technologies that can revolutionize companies, careers, and, hopefully, our world.
Salesforce is built on a set of four core values: Trust, Customer Success, Innovation, and Equality. By making technology more accessible, we're helping create a future with greater opportunity and equality for all. This has taken our company to great heights, including being ranked by Fortune as one of the “Most Admired Companies in the World” and one of the “100 Best Companies to Work For” eleven years in a row, and named “Innovator of the Decade” and one of the “World’s Most Innovative Companies” eight years in a row by Forbes.
There are those who choose to work with the best and brightest. And then, there are those who want to do more than just a job. They are the ones improving lives, not only their careers. Having an impact now instead of later. Doing something that’s so much bigger than themselves, an industry, and their company.
We believe everyone can be a Trailblazer. Join Salesforce and discover a future of new opportunities.