Apply now Job no: 509774
Work type: Permanent Full Time
- Do you love solving complex problems, designing sophisticated solutions and building innovative technology for Australia’s largest organisations?
- Are you passionate about Digital Transformation?
- Are you convinced that the Fourth Industrial Revolution is fundamentally changing the way we live, work and relate to each other?
KPMG is one of the most trusted and respected global professional services firms. Through depth of expertise, clarity of insight and strength of purpose we help our clients solve complex challenges, steer change, strengthen, transition and grow. In Canberra, we are a team based practice and this extends to our clients whom we work and collaborate with, in solving complex problems. Together, we design, innovate and implement, providing enduring advice that support our clients and the services they deliver. Our clients vary in size and come from a diverse range of sectors – all sharing in a common goal: to embrace change and deliver services that make Australia a better place. We are looking for talented individuals who would like to join us on the journey.
We re-imagine and re-invent organisations to become world class digital enterprises using advanced technologies, data and human insights. We help organisations to embrace Digital Strategy, Artificial Intelligence (AI) & Cognitive, the Internet of Things (IoT), Data, Analytics & Modelling, Mobile App & Web, and User Experience (UX) & User Interface (UI) and more.
We work with clients to:
- Formulate strategies that re-imagine organisations
- Harness innovation from the 4th industrial revolution
- Actioning insights from trusted data to consistently and quickly make clear decisions
- Build adaptive organisations
- Thrive as a connected enterprise – front, middle and back office
Our Digital Delta team in Canberra work across multiple Government Departments and Agencies. Our engagements range from working with Services Australia and the Department of Health to deliver outcomes that benefit citizens of Australia through to working with Defence and National Security protecting Australia.
Government Departments have some of the most interesting and complex datasets along with some of the largest computing systems in Australia. Just like private industry Government is starting to use this data for analytics, legacy systems are being replaced with new cloud based technologies and paper forms and manual processed are being digitised – these are just some of the areas where our Digital Delta team has assisted our clients to solve problems that directly impact Australian.
The Technical Business Analyst translates client needs into technical requirements, and recommends solutions that typically involve a combination of analytical, process and business transformation outcomes. You will utilize your design, analytical and problem solving skills to ‘bridge the gap’ between business and technology colleagues, to help deliver solutions that improve business processes and systems and realize benefits for our clients. You will work proactively to:
- Perform investigative interviews to elicit stakeholder perspectives, motivations and requirements.
- Conduct methodical investigation and review of existing business functions and processes, the information used and the data on which the information is based.
- Review and analyse emerging technologies, software and platforms for inclusion in solution design.
- Define current and future operational scenarios covering use cases, processes, data flows, models, wireframes and solutions.
- Identify, define and validate business requirements to inform the solution design and guide technology recommendations.
- Work with the client and technical solution architect to translate client needs into prioritised technical requirements which will inform the recommended solution capabilities.
- Rapidly build develop proof of concepts to demonstrate applicability of emerging technology to solve client problems.
- Team with product owners, technology stakeholders and development squads to design and implement scalable and efficient analytical and automated solutions.
- Partner with development teams to translate analytical assumptions, constraints and outcomes into business context for stakeholders.
- Develop and deliver articulate and persuasive presentations of findings and recommendations, ensuring the delivery is tailored appropriately to the audience.
- Develop test plans and execute manual and automated test scripts across a range of technologies.
How are you Extraordinary?
- A proven ability to undertake the responsibilities and requirements of the role, as listed above.
- A sound understanding of a range of digital technologies, analytics, automation, information management and business process-based solutions. Experience may include one or more of knowledge of architecture and cloud-based data solutions; big data technologies; data warehousing solutions; analytics and machine learning techniques; process automation solutions; and reporting and data visualisation tools.
- An appreciation for the impact that digital and cognitive technologies may have on the people, process and culture of an organisation.
- A disciplined approach to structured problem solving and an ability to critically assess a range of information to evaluate and prioritise business needs.
- Thought leadership and perspectives on solving complex problems in environments that are often ambiguous, technologically challenged and require creative and lateral thinking.
- Experience working within complex business environments across a range of industries and sectors.
- Proficiency in working within and alongside technical disciplines in the use of agile methodologies, version control systems, coding, testing and documentation standards within solution delivery.
- Present in a professional manner with a high degree of personal awareness and desire to be a part of a high performing team.
- Proven ability to develop and manage enduring client relationships, engendering a sense of trust and respect.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, written and visual design communication skills.
Please note you should also be an Australian Citizen or have the ability to obtain a government security clearance.
The KPMG Difference
Our people are focused on creating a diverse and dynamic environment that embraces and values differences. We value the variety of unique experiences, qualities and characteristics our people possess and we share and learn from each other.
We are proud to be consistently recognised as an employer of choice for women, and for our achievements in LGBT+ workplace inclusion.
Our commitment to ‘Flexibility’ allows our people to manage the changing demands of work, personal or family life. Explore the links below to hear our people share their experience @ KPMG:
Make KPMG the clear choice for your career and be Extraordinary!
Advertised: 13 Aug 2020 AUS Eastern Standard Time
Update your details, view your application and progress >> Login