Mott MacDonald is a dynamic and innovative engineering, management and development consultancy working with high profile clients across Australia. Some examples of our recent work include:
• exemplars in project management, such as the award-winning Health and Medical Sciences Building, and Adelaide Oval Redevelopment;
• business cases and economic evaluations for city shaping investments, such as the Level Crossing Removal Program;
• master planning the future of urban growth and precincts, such as Western Sydney;
• wholistic consideration of a pathway to carbon neutral through infrastructure sustainability, such as the Regional Rail Revival;
• optimising asset performance through enterprise change and digital twins, such as Sydney Airport.
Mott MacDonald’s Advisory team successfully integrates our experience across Infrastructure Advisory, Economics, Project Management, Environment and Sustainability, Professional Training and Leadership Development, Asset Management, and Digital Consulting to provide advice that covers the full spectrum of considerations over the entire infrastructure lifecycle.
We are seeking a highly experienced Commercial Manager / Project Director to lead the commercial delivery of our major design project work, and prospects for government and institutional clients, with a focus on design and construct form of delivery in Transport and Buildings.
This role will see you:
• Leading the commercial management of major design projects in Sydney with a focus on design and construct form of delivery
• Ensuring the projects are delivered on time and on budget in line with Mott MacDonald’s commercial and financial requirements, while ensuring client expectations are met
• Client management ensuring the client relationship is maintained and project issues are identified and resolved in a timely and appropriate manner
• Leading a team of staff to deliver contract administration and project controls, including defining and overseeing key project metrics
• Support the Australian practice leader in developing commercial, contract management, and project controls acumen across Australia
• Champions the use of technology tools to drive efficient project delivery and accurate reporting
What can you bring to the team?
You will be a Commercial Manager / Project Director with 20 years’ experience in management and coordination of multi-discipline teams across Transport, Buildings, Water and Energy projects. With tertiary qualifications relevant to commercial management, you will have proven skills in the business of consulting engineering and demonstrated competencies. You will bring and establish positive relationships with our clients in NSW. Your experienced in creating, developing and leading high performing teams coupled with advanced communication skills and experience in external and internal stakeholder management, will help you influence the outcome of key decisions.
At Mott MacDonald we are always looking for the best people to join us
In return, we offer opportunities for strong career progression by contributing to boutique and large scale local and international projects.
We offer you all the benefits that come from working in a global consultancy, including a competitive salary, ongoing professional support, career development and a great opportunity to work on key projects. We are committed to fostering a culture that empowers our people, promotes teamwork and embraces sustainability.
There’s no time like present to make a change.