Our federal government client is currently looking for a Technical Engineering Expert (PostgreSQL Design and Engineering Specialist) for an initial 12 month contract with a 24 month extension option.
The role is required to lead the design and build of the PostgreSQL solution supporting the ECE Deployment. PostgreSQL is a key technology being introduced as part of the ECE solution and the department does not have expertiese in this technology. The role is critical to the success of the ECE project and will work alongside the DHS Infrastructure team to upskill existing resources and lead the transition to support. Duties may include but are not limited to:
To be considered for this opportunity you will have:
1.Minimum of 5+ years’ experience as a DBA working in large, complex enterprise environments
2. Experience as an Infrastructure/Database Designer including High Availability Database Designs
3. Experience in designing, building and managing multi-site PostgreSQL solutions
As well as:
1. Demonstrated experience in PostgreSQL design and deployments
2. Experience designing and building HA Database platforms to support critical business systems
3. Experience working with Containerised environments, preferably Redhat Openshift
4. Well-developed communication skills with an ability to mentor existing DBA’s
5. Experience with CI/CD toolchains for automation and deployment
To be considered for this role please hit the ‘apply’ button now, alternatively you can contact Lily Vonk on 6151 9214.