JB Hi-Fi Group is one of Australasia’s largest and most trusted retailer groups. Specialising in consumer electronics, home entertainment, small appliances and white goods we strive to deliver the most extensive range, cheapest prices and genuine service to customers every day.
The heart of our business is our people and we are proud of a culture that fosters teamwork, nurtures talent, encourages individuality and embraces diversity.
About the Position
The Transport Operations Manager role is pivotal to achieving JB HiFi Group’s strategic vision for a market leading big & bulky Home Delivery Capability. Reporting to the National Transport Manager, your role will be to manage (B2C) in home big & bulky customer deliveries. You will be responsible for logistics tasks related to home deliveries & driver carrier service performance including customer experience, safety compliance and cost efficiencies.The successful candidate will be based in our brand new support office conveniently located in Southbank, Melbourne CBD.
Key responsibilities include
- Managing and leading a small dedicated team
- Establishing & maintaining relevant routines to manage carrier ongoing operational performance
- Overall management of 3rd party logistics relationships (including procurement of, commercial & contractual negotiation) for home deliveries.
- Proactively working with JB Hi Fi Group sales channels to improve freight cost recovery outcomes
- Resolving failures, disruption type freight issues in the network (eg delivery failure, stock loss)
- Driving improvements in customer satisfaction results (Net Promoter Score)
- Cost management of freight tasks (invoicing, budgeting, internal cost allocation, etc)
- Developing & maintaining policies & procedures as relevant to key home delivery related tasks
- Actively contribute to development of the Group Supply Chain agenda
About our ideal candidate
We are looking for an individual who possesses the below skills and experience:
- 5 + years experience and strong understanding of logistics/transport industry
- Demonstrated operational experience of a scaled retail home delivery service, ideally in big & bulky product.
- Is customer driven; relentlessly strives for leading customer service outcomes
- Strong process orientation; able to design, document and implement process
- Possesses strong analytical skills, proven modelling and planning skills
- Proven understanding of transport (Chain of Responsibility) safety best practices.
- Familiarity with Return Logistics an advantage
- Familiarity with Operational Planning & 3rd party logistics Management practices
- High systems literacy, comfortable working directly with transactional systems; advanced level proficiency in MS based tools, especially Excel
- Proactive, self-starter, results focused with high action orientation
- Someone who possesses strong commercial skills, a well-developed industry knowledge and network
- An all-rounder who readily assimilates data and judgement to problem solve and drive outcomes
- A good communicator who builds rapport with various stakeholders and is a team player
- Is tertiary qualified in a business, technology or relevant discipline field of study.
How to Apply
If you have the skills, experience and qualities required, please submit your application and upload your CV. All applications are strictly confidential.
The application form will include these questions:
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have experience working with logistics, freight & delivery services?
- How many years of people management experience do you have?
- What’s your expected annual base salary?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
Report this job advert
Don’t provide your bank or credit card details when applying for jobs.
Learn how to protect yourself here .
Classification Manufacturing, Transport & Logistics Management