Are you a Venue Manager who is passionate about creating fantastic guest experiences?
- Be part of the team in Melbourne
- Be part of an exciting, fast growing group focused on creating unique experiences
- Vibrant, Dynamic, Fun team who likes to do things differently
Who the Company is?
MANIAX Axe Throwing
Wanna join the Maniax crew? Maniax axe-perts are the experts at creating memories for their guests, while adhering to the highest of safety standards at all times.
MANIAX Axe Throwing introduced the fast growing and exciting sport of Urban Axe Throwing to Australia in 2014. MANIAX specialises in organising Axe Throwing events for corporate and social groups housed in their purpose built warehouses across Australia. With venues in Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne, Perth and Adelaide, MANIAX is expanding rapidly as they strive to share the thrilling experience of hurling hatchets with all of Australia!
The Venue Operating Hours are Monday to Saturday 9am – 10pm + Sunday 9 – 9pm (yes, you can be home before midnight) with the Venue Manager having some flexibility in managing their time to work during the key times and as per business requirements.
If you’re keen to help Melbourne’s corporates, visitors and social groups throw Axes and hurl hatchets, this position could be for you.
Want to see the fun MANIAX team in action, check out the video below
What you will be doing and will be responsible for:
This position is an important position within the group and is responsible for the effective management and day to day operations of the Venue.
Reporting directly to the Operations Manager and Business Development Manager, this position will lead the team culture, guest experience and ensure smooth and compliant operations to maximise revenue and performance, reduce expenses and ensure exceptional standards of service delivery consistently while maintaining a culture of fun, safety and excellence in all areas of operation.
Primary functions of this job are:
- Play a key role in running a successful facility as part of the largest Urban Axe Throwing company in the Southern Hemisphere.
- Manage day-to-day operations of the Melbourne Venue.
- Co-ordinate and organise corporate events.
- Hire, train, develop and roster ‘Axepert’ Axe Throwing Coaches to run FUN and engaging sessions.
- Continue to build the business through innovative ideas.
- Going above and beyond for your guests to give each group the most ‘axecellent’ experience ever!
- Living by and leading the Company Values and specifically leading and bringing the energy and fun.
- Achievement of Venue Revenue and Expense Targets.
- Ensure operating procedures are implemented for all key venue activities to ensure compliance, cleanliness and productivity.
- Ensure optimal stock levels and shrinkage controls are in place to reduce loss.
- Assist in building and providing active feedback on localised marketing initiatives and potential venue promotions/specials, partnerships and corporate building initiatives.
- Liaise and collaborate with the leadership team based in other states around Australia.
- Administration – completes all required administration / reporting requirements on time and as requested.
ABOUT THE PERSON
Maniax are seeking an individual with an exuberant and outgoing personality and must have the below criteria:
- Prior Venue leadership experience, ideally in running an entertainment, sporting or hospitality venue.
- Prior experience in managing events, group bookings or experiences.
- Prior experience leading and managing a team of outgoing staff.
- Be fully fit to perform the physical requirements of the position.
- Excellent customer experience skills.
- Super reliable and dependable.
- Awesome, high energy communication skills.
- Ability to cope under pressure – they get busy!!
- Capable, professional and fun management style.
- Tech savvy with the confidence to learn their in-house software to manage bookings, rostering and events.
- Current First Aid Certification + Responsible Service of Alcohol Accreditation.
- Agree to be appointed as nominee on the MANIAX Abbotsford Liquor License.
- You are comfortable managing venue finances, budgets and expenses.
- You have experience in implementing and embedding processes and procedures.
- You have a good level understanding of HR and WHS requirements with regard to the Hospitality Industry.
- You will be able to be referenced as someone who is reliable, energetic, a great people leader and manager and is constantly looking for ways to improve the guest experience. Please note direct report or business owner references will be required from your last 3-5 years if you are successful in being shortlisted.
A background managing venues with cool or unique experiences and existing strong corporate connections or networks in Melbourne through prior positions viewed favourably.
- Be part of an awesome, high energy, fun and active environment to come to work to each day.
- Generous starting salary.
- Opportunities for interstate travel.
- Potential for growth and development into more senior leadership roles within the company.
- Flexible rostered hours within a full-time role.
- Be given the opportunity to play a part in driving the direction of Australia’s leading Urban Axe Throwing company.
Sound like you?
Our process to help with your planning will be:-
- Applications will be accepted until 12 September (but we encourage you to get in early).
- Please provide your resume and cover letter (please combine your cover letter and resume in one document) addressing the About the Person areas.
- Submit your application on line – you will be asked a few qualifying questions so allow 10-15 minutes.
- Do a quick video (when you apply you will be prompted on how to do this) that asks you 3 questions – 1. Tell us a bit about yourself relevant to this position 2. What has attracted you to apply for this position 3. Why you and what are you a rockstar at?
- First interview will be via zoom and second interview will be face to face.