**Vice President, Head of Pacific Sales & Relationship Management & APAC Channel Partnerships (S&P Global Market Intelligence)**
**Location:** Sydney/Melbourne, Australia
**The Role:** Reporting to the Head of ASEAN, Pacific & Japan, this role is responsible for leading a group of seasoned sales representatives and relationship managers to grow the book of business in the Pacific region through new business sales and renewal strategies.
As a seasoned leader, the right candidate will have a proven track record of meeting and exceeding financial objectives, as well as a passion for driving a culture of collaboration and learning. In addition, this person will have strong ‘C’ Level relationships in the Financial Markets to help expand senior stakeholder relationships within client organizations.
Working closely with sub-regional commercial leaders and other internal stakeholders, this role will also be responsible for developing and executing our APAC Channel Partnerships strategy; identifying new partner opportunities and building strong relationships with key partner stakeholders to open downstream revenue opportunities for the local teams.
The position is best suited to a natural leader who possesses high intellectual curiosity, creativity, and strong leadership and coaching skills. Excellent communication skills and the ability to manage across cultural differences is a must.
**The Impact:** The candidate will lead from the front to drive a strategy for strong growth of the business, leveraging their solid leadership skills, commercial experience and industry network. A deep understanding of the financial markets and the regulatory environment is a must.
**The Career Opportunity:** This is a key senior position within our APAC commercial team and represents a great opportunity to further develop your sales leadership skills with a strong global brand. You will work closely with APAC & Global Senior Leaders/Stakeholders to develop and execute the commercial strategy for the Pacific region and enable new revenue streams for the business through targeted channel partners.
**The Team / The Business:** The Pacific team comprises 17 seasoned sales and relationship management professionals and the business has a casual and friendly atmosphere with an entrepreneurial spirit. To succeed in this role the right candidate will embrace a dynamic and fast paced environment of autonomy and accountability. In addition, the successful candidate should be prepared to work on a matrix organization, in collaboration with other global product and commercial leaders.
**Essential Accountabilities and Responsibilities:**
• Work closely with Senior Stakeholders to develop and execute the commercial strategy for Pacific and APAC Channel Partners, considering industry/regulatory requirements and market trends and aligning to key GTM strategies to drive the business
• Develop and nurture strong client relationships with the ‘C-Suite’ and Senior Managers (eg. Chief Executive Officers, Chief Financial Officers, Chief Technology Officers, Chief Risk Officers, Chief Investment Officers, Heads of Divisions & Business Units, etc)
• Actively engage with potential commercial alliance partners
• Support and coach the sales and relationship management team with complex sales and renewal negotiations
• Conduct regular career conversations with team members and work together to create career progression road maps and development plans
• Produce accurate revenue forecasting for new business sales and renewals
• Develop an exceptional understanding of, and stay current on, the S&P Global Market Intelligence products and solutions and their application to specific job functions and personas
• Have a deep understanding of our clients’ workflow and how our products add value to users in different segments including commercial lending, investment banking, investment management and non-financial corporates
• Work with other senior leaders across the S&P Global franchise to drive top line revenue growth.
• 10+ years of direct sales experience in the institutional financial markets in Pacific
• Hold a minimum of 7 years’ experience leading/coaching high performing commercial teams
• Strong personal integrity and a confident and positive manner
• Entrepreneurial mindset; demonstrates drive, initiative, energy and sense of urgency
• Work effectively in a team-based environment as well as independently
• Desire and flexibility to learn and grow in an ever-changing environment
• Strong communication, organization, presentation and negotiation skills
• CFA , CMA qualifications or MAppFin is a plus
**S&P Global Market Intelligence:**
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important—some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/marketintelligence.
102 – Senior Management (EEO Job Group) (inactive), 10 – Officials or Managers (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), SLSGRP102 – Senior Management (EEO Job Group)
**Job ID:** 258003
**Posted On:** 2020-12-01
**Location:** Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race – ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment. If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person. The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.