As a Visitor Services Assistant at the Anzac Square Memorial Galleries you will be part of a small team providing welcoming and positive experiences to visitors to the space. You will play a key role in the enhancement of public engagement and interaction with the Memorial Galleries digital content while highlighting information on the State Library’s contribution. This is an opportunity to let your visitor services skills shine! An interest in military history or experience in the GLAM sector would be an advantage.
As a Visitor Services Assistant at the Anzac Square Memorial Galleries you will be part of a small team providing welcoming and positive experiences to visitors to the space.
We are seeking a candidate who has proven experience in the delivery of excellent customer service. Ideally you will have an interest in military history and have experience in the GLAM sector. You play a key role in the development of online content including social media so skils in this area would be an advantage.
Duties and responsibilities we will trust you with
– Supporting the delivery of programs and services that promotes State Library’s collections to the community and fosters curiosity, debate and discussion while meeting State Library’s service commitments
– Participating in a high performing Visitor Services team to deliver a professional and responsive service which meets key objectives of the Visitor & Information Services branch and organisational priorities. This includes ensuring visitors to Anzac Square Memorial Galleries have an engaging, educational and interactive experience when visiting the exhibitions
– Providing informal tours highlighting information about Anzac Square and the exhibition content provided by State Library
– Responding to enquiries for tours from schools/organisations, managing a booking schedule and conducting scheduled group tours as required, including memorising tour scripts
– Collecting formal and anecdotal feedback from visitors and visitation data for reporting purposes
– Supervising public spaces and exhibition digital equipment (screen, interactive t.able), ensuring equipment is operational, providing first level support for the equipment and escalating unresolved technical issues
– Ensuring records management is undertaken such as updating relevant databases and visitor information records on a timely basis for reporting to Anzac Square Memorial Gallery Steering Committee and State Library
– Contributing to business improvement activities ensuring relevant policies, procedures and guidelines meet best practice and State Library requirements. This includes a continuous improvement cycle for feedback, raising concerns and generating solutions
– Working effectively with colleagues and peers while contributing to a productive and positive work environment. This includes being a proactive member of the Visitor Services team and contributing to the Visitor & Information Services branch as well as providing guidance and/or mentoring to casual employees and/or volunteers ensuing they are included, supported and well-informed
– Participating in, contributing to and/or managing financial, human resource and/or ICT responsibilities as per the organisational delegations, policies and procedures.
The role description will outline any qualifications, licences and specific requirements of the role. If you are interested in this job we encourage you to read the attached role description and talk to the contact officer.
Applications will remain current for up to 12 months from the closing date
***APPLICANTS ARE REQUESTED TO APPLY ONLINE – scroll down and click the ‘APPLY ONLINE’ button***
Please note any documents attached to Smart Jobs should be in Microsoft Word or PDF format. Please do not upload zipped files.