An exciting opportunity exists for a motivated and dynamic individual to join the team at Murgon State High School. As the Youth Support Coordinator, you will work closely with students at risk, and outside agencies to provide individual support and case management.
- Job Type: Temporary
- Position Type: Full-time
- Location: Wide Bay
- Yearly Salary: $63527 – $70492
- Contact Name: Su Ling Yong
- Contact Number:
- Closing Date: 12-FEB-21
Image Courtesy of Murgon State High School
About Murgon State High School
Murgon is a rural community approximately 1 hours drive from Gympie. Our school has approximately 400 students from the surrounding areas including the Cherbourg Community and 85 staff members.
As the Youth Support Coordinator you will have responsibility for the following:
- Identify barriers to young people achieving outcomes and referral to appropriate support services.
- Maintain records of student contact on a daily basis.
- Support students to achieve satisfactory learning outcomes.
- Develop and monitor post program support as required to meet program performance criteria.
- Develop and foster relationships between the school and families of students to assist at risk students to remain engaged with education or training.
- Conduct home visits with students and their families, as appropriate, to advise and provide strategies for a more positive educational experience.
- Be part of the professional team working with the school and the community and liaise with students, teachers, parents, guidance officers, special needs teacher, administrative officers, officers of welfare agencies and other government departments.
- Monitor attendance patterns of students or groups of students and, in accordance with the school’s attendance plan, implement early intervention strategies.
- Inform and educate parents, community members and students on relevant issues that may be impacting student engagement.
- Develop and implement programs to support social and emotional wellbeing as required e.g. addressing social skills, assertiveness or self esteem.
- Identify and provide appropriate assistance to students experiencing difficulties at school and at home which may put them at risk of leaving school prematurely.
When working in regulated employment an employee must have a current Working with Children Clearance (blue card) issued by Blue Card Services.
To apply please attach the following:
- A brief resume including contact details for 2 referees (one of whom should be your current supervisor)
- A maximum 2 page written response outlining your suitability for the role referring to the key capabilities under the ‘How you will be assessed‘ section in the attached role description.
Applications remain current for 12 months from the closing date and may be considered for appointment to identical or similar vacancies within the Department.
Applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.
Employees affected by workplace change will be considered on merit.