Located in the San Francisco Bay Area and Melbourne, Australia – we’re the videogame development team behind Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare 3, Call of Duty®: Advanced Warfare and Call of Duty®: WWII. Since our founding in 2009, our greatest passion has been making AAA games. The strength of our team makes us not only excellent at what we do, but also how we do it. We firmly believe in supporting our talented employees to be the best they can be. Here at Sledgehammer Games, everyone is a game maker.
As we head into decade II of development, we’re focused on constantly evolving, innovating and taking risks – which are some of the most rewarding aspects of game development. With world-class audio, design, engineering and art teams, we’ve been able to achieve some of the highest-quality game execution of any studio in the industry. We love what we do and work hard to make sure that each new game we make is even better than the last. Creativity is key, and we’re looking for talented game developers for our exciting next project.
Sledgehammer Games is wholly owned by Activision. To learn more about our studio, please visit us at www.sledgehammergames.com or search for Sledgehammer Games on your favorite social media platform. Want to hear what it’s like at the studio directly from current employees? Check out our #LifeatSHG developer profiles: https://youtu.be/12DUBszg-w4
• Develop, modify, debug and deploy build/tools software in C#/Python/C/C++
• Manage, improve and optimize existing build/asset pipeline
• Resolve Perforce merge conflicts on large data sets
• Work with IT to maintain and deploy new VM instances
• Handle other engineering tasks for the tools department
• Co-develop and collaborate with other Activision studios
• Document software and features for internal and external engineering teams
• Participate in the scheduling, design, performance and code review process
• Report to Lead Engineer
• Bachelor’s degree in a Computer Science, Engineering, or Math related field
• 1+ years programming experience
• Proficiency in Python
• Knowledge or understanding of CI solutions, e.g.: Jenkins, Hudson, Bamboo
• Exposure to Version Control systems & branching, e.g: Perforce, Git, Mercurial, etc.
• Ability to quickly understand and work with internal and externally developed code
• Good problem solving/troubleshooting skills
• Highly organized and detail-oriented
• Ability to collaborate, coordinate, communicate and support other team members
• Creative, motivated, focused, passionate, results-oriented
• Demonstrated ability to write efficient, clean, readable, portable, and reliable code
• Passion for games
• Working knowledge of C/C++
• Knowledge of C# and Batch Files
• Experience with Windows Server operating systems, Server 2008 R2 and up
• Familiarity with PS4, Xbox One and/or PC tools and release processes
• Previous game technology experience; engine programming, pipeline architecture, tools, etc.
• Task tracking software (DevTrack, Hansoft, Jira, etc)
• Experience with Puppet, Docker
• Experience with Powershell
• Experience with Linux, CentOS & Ubuntu
• Distributed build system experience; Incredibuild, SN-DBS.