The role of Case Manager, Assessment and Referral Team (ART), is to assist in supporting a person with disability to access the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS). This will involve working collaboratively with the potential participant, their family, and any allied health professionals to ensure that all required documentation and assessments are completed.
ART works closely with potential new NDIS participants and key stakeholders including other government and non-government agencies, community organisations, and medical and allied health professionals state-wide to increase the number of NDIS participants in Queensland.
People with lived experience of disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
Some Intrastate travel will be required
– Provide general information to enquirer’s about the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) access process.
– Apply an end-to-end intensive case management approach to support a person with a disability to access the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS).
– Work collaboratively and communicate effectively and sensitively with a diverse range of stakeholders including a person with a disability, government and non-government agencies, General Practitioners, Allied Health professionals and community organisations.
– Identify informal and mainstream supports that may assist a person with a disability outside of the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS).
– Maintain knowledge of trends, practices, policies and legislation in relation to the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) to further assist a person with a disability to access the scheme.
– Maintain accurate and up to date client case records in accordance with departmental procedures.
Applications to remain current for 12 months