negotiable / month
Southport Special School is seeking an experienced school leader to join the Executive Leadership team. In this role you will improve the educational outcomes of students and develop the quality of teaching and learning. The successful candidate will nurture positive relationships between students, teachers, the community and stakeholders. The successful applicant will be part of a team comprising of (4) Deputy Principals and two (2) Head of Department (Curriculum). This exciting opportunity includes access to an Executive Coach and leadership development.
- Job Type: Temporary
- Position Type: Full-time
- Location: Gold Coast
- Yearly Salary: $127927 – $134322
- Contact Name: Su Ling Yong
- Contact Number:
- Closing Date: 26-JAN-21
Image Courtesy of Southport Special School
About Southport Special School
At Southport Special School, we value high levels of collaboration and shared decision making with our families. We aim to support every student to be their very best.
We do this through the use of evidence based research to inform teaching and learning, rigorous use of student learning data to inform next steps for learning and a strong commitment to supporting the capability development of staff at all levels of their career.
As the Deputy Principal you will have responsibility for the following:
- Assist the Principal to lead the school community to develop, articulate and commit to a shared educational vision focussed on providing quality learning outcomes for all students.
- Deputise for the Principal when required.
- Uphold the deputy principalship as a values based, ethical and moral activity.
- Embed socially just practices in daily school life.
- Set high standards for student and staff performance.
- Actively participate in lifelong learning and ongoing professional development.
- Form partnerships with parents, other government agencies, community groups, industry and business.
- Be futures oriented and strategic.
- Understand the legislation and policies that impact on schooling.
- Manage resources to achieve goals.
A mandatory requirement of this role is:
- Current full registration or current provisional registration with eligibility for full registration, as a teacher in Queensland. For more information please CLICK HERE.
- Teachers working in Education and Care Services (including State Delivered Kindergarten programs) require an exemption card issued by Blue Card Services. For more information please CLICK HERE.
To apply please attach the following:
- A brief resume (maximum 2 pages) including contact details for 2 referees (one of whom should be your current supervisor)
- A maximum 2 page written response outlining your suitability for the role referring to the key capabilities 1 and 3 under the ‘How you will be assessed‘ section in the attached role description.
Applications remain current for 12 months from the closing date and may be considered for appointment to identical or similar vacancies within the Department.
Applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.