The Central Queensland service is seeking a physiotherapist to make a significant difference in the lives of children in state schools in the Rockhampton area. Is your passion working with children and their team to create successful futures? Physiotherapists in our service deliver inclusive specialised physiotherapy services to children and adolescents within their learning setting and contribute to a number of educational teams working along side teachers, other therapists and parents
- Job Type: Permanent
- Position Type: Full-time
- Location: Rockhampton region
- Yearly Salary: $73995 – $102372
- Contact Name: Ellie Green
- Contact Number:
- Closing Date: 10-FEB-21
About Physiotherapy in the Department of Education
Physiotherapy services are provided to students with disability enrolled in state schools and state education programs and services. Physiotherapy services are delivered as part of the education program and are directed towards education outcomes for students with disability who have difficulties with posture and movement or neuro sensory motor development.
Our physiotherapists aim to promote health and wellbeing, self-management, physical activity and development of motor function in order to optimise the students’ access, participation and achievement in education.
A full-time permanent position in the Rockhampton team. Travel between schools in the region will be required in this role.
Why work for us?
- Develop a broad range of experience and skills in paediatrics
- Use your clinical reasoning, problem solving and communication skills to contribute to multidisciplinary school based teams
- Access comprehensive clinical support from an experienced base team, professional supervisor and networks
- Access to professional development resource grants
- Access flexible work hours
- Accrue days off for the school holidays
- No weekends or on call work
As the Physiotherapist you will have responsibility for the following:
- Identify, assess and implement physiotherapy programs and provide services for students in the designated target group.
- Provide a consultative and resource service regarding physiotherapy to teachers, parents and others.
- Participate as an education team member in the provision of physiotherapy services to achieve established goals and objectives.
- Monitor and review physiotherapy services across designated education facilities in consultation with the supervising physiotherapist to provide a quality service
- Share physiotherapy models, practices and resources with other physiotherapists within the department.
- Contribute to and participate in professional development and supervision activities as deemed appropriate by the supervising physiotherapist to develop and maintain relevant levels of knowledge and skills.
- Participate in specialised projects and research activities in consultation with the supervising physiotherapist.
- Supervise university physiotherapy students in placements following consultation with the supervising physiotherapist.
A mandatory requirement of this role is:
- Possession of a degree in physiotherapy from a recognised tertiary institution, or other equivalent formal qualifications which, in the opinion of the Director-General, Department of Education, or delegate, are acceptable.
- Current registration with the Physiotherapist Board of Australia (Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency).
Contact Name: Katherine Thorpe, Senior Advisor – Physiotherapy 0436 912 061
Closing Date: Wednesday, 10 February 2021
To apply please attach the following:
- A brief resume including contact details for 2 referees (one of whom should be your most recent supervisor who has an understanding of your role and responsibilities as a physiotherapist)
- A maximum 2 page written response outlining your suitability for the role referring to the key capabilities under the ‘How you will be assessed‘ section in the attached role description.
Applications remain current for 12 months from the closing date and may be considered for appointment to identical or similar vacancies within the Department.
Applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.#LI-PRIORITY