We value a diverse workforce with different life experiences, skills and backgrounds including people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, LGBTQIA+ and people from all cultural and linguistic backgrounds
- Permanent Part time
- $21.58-$27.82 plus super and the option to salary package
- Work in your local community!
Avivo is a leading community services organisation in Western Australia. We work closely with people and families who need individualised support services due to disability, ageing or mental ill-health.
We are committed to people living as valued citizens, making their own decisions, developing their abilities and growing in their relationships. We believe in an organisational culture where all employees can develop and do their best work.
We are looking for support workers with cultural awareness for our Indigenous customers in Quairading and surrounding areas. If you have an enthusiastic and positive outlook, are reliable and intuitive, like a challenge and care about people living at home in their community then this role could be for you.
- Domestic and household assistance
- Providing reliable, timely and flexible services that best meet the needs of the individual and their family
- Problem solving issues with the person and/or their family, and the team
- Regular communication with local team and participation in team meetings
What we require:
- Previous support work experience in Disability/Aged is desirable
- Demonstrated reliability, flexibility and a positive attitude
- Excellent communication skills including verbal, written and listening
- Ability to problem solve, think creatively and find innovative solutions
- Competent using of a Smart Phone and Apps
- Availability to attend mandatory and paid training during the week
- A valid driver’s licence and a reliable vehicle
- Flexible availability to work shifts between Monday to Friday and occasional weekends.
Candidates must be living in the Quairading, Badjaling and Dangin areas .
In return, you will receive awesome conditions:
- An hourly rate between $21.58-28.64 plus super
- Option to Salary Package up to $18,550 to reduce taxable income
- A Mobile Phone to use for work
- Pay for kilometres and time travelled between supports
- Extra 2 days of leave per year and 17.5% leave loading for Annual Leave
- Comprehensive training opportunities and supportive team