negotiable / month
Your New Role
The Training Support Specialist designs, maintains and delivers eLearning and face to face training in accordance with the Systems Approach to Defence Learning (SADL) under the direction and guidance of the Training Support Lead.
Specific functions and responsibilities include:
- Revising, modifying and updating training materials
- Developing new training material
- Deploying feedback tools to assess the effectiveness of the training
- Tracking training outcomes and ensuring alignment to business objectives
- Identifying individual and/or organisational obstacles to learning and facilitating interventions
- Facilitating the delivery of eLearning training
- Facilitating the delivery of face to face training
- Record completion of training for all Defence personnel who have completed the above training courses
- Maintain training records for all trained personnel.
About You and What You'll Bring
Your personal and professional attributes will include strong and proven problem solving and organisational skills, together with an appreciation of the importance of technical regulation and governance. You will have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, together with the ability to coach and mentor others to further the professional development of the team. You will also have:
- Certificate IV Training and Assessment (TAE40116 or equivalent) – mandatory
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in training and development management
- Current or very recent experience using an eLearning authoring tool, such as Adobe Captivate
- Current or very recent experience in technology-based Learning Management Systems (LMS)
- Detailed knowledge of curriculum design, instructional methods and training techniques
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in MS Office and related business and communication tools.
- Strong collaboration and interpersonal skills
- Effective organisational and time-management skills.
Please note that candidates must be Australian citizens and hold or be able to obtain and hold a NV-1 security clearance.
What you will love
Our business is growing and evolving, so it’s an exciting place to be. We’re focused on outcomes so we support flexible work practices. There are also a range of benefits including 12 weeks’ paid parental leave as a primary carer, discounted health insurance, novated leasing and more.